You notice them

Scott

"Did you have fun today (Y/C/n)?"

Your little cousin nodded his head vigorously. His face was covered with his chocolate ice cream treat. "Mhm!"

You made your way down the street- the oldest of your cousins was holding their younger sibling's hand, not at all minding their sticky fingers. 

"What about you (O/C/n)?"

The tween nodded their head, taking a big bite of their ice cream sandwich. "Yeah, I agree with (Y/C/n), thank's cuz! Mom and dad should go on trips more often!"  

"And be stuck with having to buy you sweets every day? I'd be broke within a week!" You and your cousins laugh (not that (Y/C/n) understood why, but you were happy so he was happy), but your happiness ends up disturbing the youngest of the family members.   

You turn your attention to the one-year-old baby in the stroller you were pushing along- small whines emitting from them. "Hey, no no no (B/C/n)... Shhh... It's okay." You stop walking and take the baby out of the stroller. "Did we wake you? I'm sorry sweet thing." You then continue to coo at them. 

"Pfffft! Grownups and babies..." The eldest rolls their eyes. 

"Yeah....Grownups." (Y/C/n) repeats, licking the last of their ice cream. 

Meanwhile, you managed to coax (B/C/n) back into sleeping. 'Thank goodness... The last thing we need is a baby crying all the way home-'

"Hey! Loowk at that man ower there! He lookws funny!" (Y/C/n) giggles, pointing across the street. 

(O/C/n) scrunches up their face trying to see. "I think I've seen him somewhere before..."

With the baby back in the stroller, you bend down and take (Y/C/n)'s hand, stopping the pointing. "We don't point at people; it's very rude." You half-scold the child, but you do look to where they were previously pointing to see what had them so amused. 

Across from you walked a man- he seemed to be very tall and thin. That wasn't too peculiar, but the red dial phone that sat where his head should've been is definitely odd. Luckily he didn't see your cousin pointing him out (or he probably just ignored it).

As he eventually got out of sight, you tore your eyes away. "Come on guys. It's time we get home." Ushering your cousins forward, you headed to their house, the strange man not leaving your thoughts.

Jeremy

"Thanks for helping out (Y/n)." 

You place the last book onto the rack. "No problem!"

Your friend seemed to be beeming. She owned the local bookstore- a small, cozy place on the corner of one of the busiest streets in town. She just received a shipment of some new books and had to get them stalled out before the book signing that would take place the next day. 

Lucky for her, you were willing and able to lend her a hand. 

"So, do you think you can maybe come help out again tomorrow? People are coming from all over, and I'm not sure if I'd be able to handle all of them and the store's regular customers. I'll pay you for your trouble." 

You wave her off, "No need. I'll do it, but don't expect me to take anything in return." You playfully wave a finger at her.

She smiles, "But that'll make me feel guilty..." 

"No (Friend/name). I don't want anything." 

"Oh come on! We both know you need money for college!" She tries to counter.