Meetings

Scott

You casually walked down the fruit and vegetable aisle.Today was the day you dared to go grocery shopping because: 1) the cupboards, fridge and freezer were empty and 2) you didn't have three cousins to keep a watchful eye on all the time. 

(O/C/n) was at school, (Y/C/n) was at a friend's house for a play date, and (B/C/n) had a very happy Granny looking after them. Thank the heavens for her surprise visit...

After seeking out the best-looking produce you could find and putting it in the basket, you read through the list once again. Everything was ticked off except for one thing.

"I have to remember to get (Y/C/n) their favorite cereal..."

Not wanting to let your cousin down, you hurry to the cereal aisle on the other side of the stoor to get some (Favorite/cereal). It wasn't that hard to find, but it did prove to be a struggle to get it. 

The boxes were all splayed out on the top shelf. You tried standing on your toes, but even then you couldn't reach it. Sighing, you look around for a worker to help you.

Nothing. 

"Well, so much for helping the customers." 

But you would not give up and let the cereal win! With the utmost determination you reach back up. Inch by inch you get closer to reaching the box. "Almost...got it!" Your fingertips graze its smooth surface...and push it further back. 

"C'mon!" you huff.

"Ma'am, may I help you?" 

You turn around to face the person standing behind you. "Yes! I-I mean... Yes please. Thank yo-" 

You stop mid-thanks when noticing who it was. With mouth slightly open, you gawk at the phone-headed man. You couldn't help but stare at him, not in a bad way though- he just seemed so peculiar. He was very tall and lean. And then there was the dial phone...

"Oh, uhm...It's just a mask..." he tries to explain the abnormality to get you to calm down a bit and break your gaze.You could tell that he was getting self-conscious.

"Right! I'm sorry for making you uncomfortable. It's just that, well, my cousins and I saw you the other day and I didn't expect to actually encounter you..." You smile sheepishly at the man and hold out your hand. "I'm (Y/n)." 

He takes your hand and shakes it, self-consciousness forgotten. "Scott." 

He then simply reaches up, takes one of the boxes and places it with the rest of your groceries. "Do you need anything else on the top shelf?" he asks sincerely. 

"No. Thank you for helping me, Scott." 

"Any time, (Y/n)." 

Jeremy

The whole shop was buzzing. People really did come from all around to get their signed copies of their favorite author's brand new book (as your friend expected).

This meant that you and (Friend/name) were both extremely busy, be it working at the register or handing out some snacks and hot drinks to guests as they waited around. 

Right now you were doing the latter. You held trays of biscuits and small pastries as you walked around, offering people some. Though you enjoyed having something to do, it was becoming tedious to keep on smiling and your arms were getting tired.

Heading back to get another tray, you spot (Friend/name) who was beckoning you towards her. "(Y/n), can you take over here while I go get some more tea for our guests?"