Messages

Scott

Your head was constantly buzzing as you slept– a soft ringing that carved through your nightmare filled world of make-believe. 

It was during the worst of them, with images of strong hands gripping and tearing at your clothes, that the sudden trill saved you from finding out what the abyss was truly like. 

Your eyes shot open as your heavy breathing slowed down. It took a while, but your sight eventually adjusted to the bright sunlight filtering in through your bedroom curtains. 

Your phone buzzed once again from under your pillow. You must have fallen asleep on it.

Rubbing a hand over your face, you unlocked it and skimmed over the many missed call notifications and messages in your inbox. Some were from (most likely worried) co-workers; others from friends and family members. There was, however, one message that stood out from the rest. 

It was from an unknown number, yet the messenger's identity was no secret. Your lips perk up slightly as you read the text. 

Hi (Y/n). I got your number from a colleague at the school. Just want to make sure you're okay. 

Scott.

You quickly read all your other messages, but not a single other one evoked the same heartwarming feeling. Thus he was the first person you wrote back to. 

Hi! Yeah, I'm fine thanks to you.

You slowly worked on answering the other texts when your phone received a notification. Another message from the masked man.

Whenever you feel like it, just give me a call. 📱👈

And you decided that you would do exactly that.

Jeremy

After the incident, Jeremy thought it important to stay in touch. Apparently it would help with the healing process if you spoke to someone you trusted after such a shocking event.

You were pretty certain that you were his trusted person much more than he was yours.

Heya!

You holding up?

Yeah

you?

It was as if you could just hear the sweet boy's timid voice asking you.

Definitely doing better now

Thanks for talking with me :)

There was a slight delay in which you quickly finished preparing lunch. It was when you sat down to eat that the notification pinged.

Thank you too

this really means a lot to me

we should meet up in person for a face to face therapy session

Just as you wanted to agree...

Only if you want to though

"Aw!" you cooed. Jeremy was just the nicest cinnamon roll you have ever had the pleasure of doing self therapy with.

Just give me a time and place

thank you (y/n)