Dangerous times

Scott

You were heading home. 

(O/C/n)'s school asked you if you could come in and help for the next week since one of the teachers were apparently sick and could not come in. 

You accepted since you had nothing else to do and could do with some more money. And so you spent the whole day teaching middle schoolers and marking some tests. When it became late, you decided to pack up and go home to your cousins and grandma.

The streets were aligned with lamps, lighting the path and throwing long shadows in the distance. 

...Yet the gloom still held dangers. 

"Hey there pretty lady." 

You whirl around to face a man in the shadows right next to your current position. The faint glint of steel flickered in the glow of the street lamps. The area was desolate.

"Wh-What do you w-want?" You back away, only to have a wall come in between you and your way of escape. 

"I want it. Cellphone, wallet, jewellery; all of it." He smirks devilishly. 

"I-I-I-" You panic, legs jelly under you.

"NOW!!!" The knife is thrusted in your direction with great urgency.

Shaking and breathless with fear, you go to do as was demanded from you.

Your fingers barely make contact with your cellphone, when suddenly there is a cry of pain. 

"AGH!" 

You look down at your mugger who was spitting out blood. A metal pipe clatters down next to him.

A hand grabs your wrist and yanks you into action.

"Run!" a voice yells, ushering you to move as fast as possible. 

And you did that. 

You ran; you ran as fast and as far you could. Eventually you could no longer as your lungs and muscles started to burn. 

The other person stopped, allowing you rest. They then took you by the shoulders, making you look at them. "Are you alright (Y/N)?" 

"S-S-Scott?"

Jeremy

It was late afternoon and you had finished today's tutoring lesson with Matt and one other girl from his school- Ella. You were pretty sure the boy had an enormous crush on her.

Without a car to drive home you usually walked home or, in this case, to (Friend/name)'s place. Not that you minded too much. On sunny days like these, it was nice to go for a stroll around the small town. When it was rainy, however, a car would've been preferred. At least there were busses.

The signs of Autumn were starting to show all around. You could see it in the slowly colouring leaves, warm attire worn by passersby and breezes which seem to grow in strength by the day.

As you continued on your walk, teaching notes in hand, one such strong gust of wind came and tugged the papers straight out of your arms. 

"Oh shoot!" 

You rush after the flying papers as they scatter. A few were easy to grab, but some were too high or too fast. 

One sheet managed to float over the street and get caught on a traffic light's post temporarily.

Quickly looking both ways and not finding any approaching vehicles, you make a dash for it. 

What a mistake.