002 ─── pandemonium .

hellfire
002  ───  pandemonium .

hellfire002  ───  pandemonium

" underestimating me is a mistake "

third person's view

        "𝔐om is so overprotective lately," Clary complained, for the one hundredth time, swinging her legs over the side of Simon's van back and forth. Simon, Maureen, Clary and Alexia were all perched on top of Simon's van, chatting with each other. Well, it was more like they were all listening to Clary complain about Jocelyn.

"So, do you remember in Aliens, when the alien queen was defending her eggs from Ripley?" Simon asked, making Alexia roll her eyes. She didn't even know what the movie was, other than the fact that Sigourney Weaver was in it. But she did know that Simon was the biggest nerd she had ever met.

"In this scenario, is my mom Ripley or the alien queen?" Clary asked, humouring Simon with a lopsided grin. Maureen looked just as tortured as Alexia did; watching Simon be hopelessly in love with Clary while Maureen herself was hopelessly in love with Simon.

Simon hesitated for a moment before saying, "both." Clary chuckled, while Maureen and Alexia just looked hopelessly confused. "What?" Maureen was the one to ask in confusion.

"A mother defending her young," Simon explained, making Alexia once again roll her eyes, a habit she found herself doing quite often around Simon. Little did Clary and Simon know what Jocelyn was protecting Clary from; Alexia did.

"Defending me from what?" Clary laughed. "I spend all day in an art studio. My life couldn't be more mundane." The choice of words made Alexia flinch; she hated the word. Mundanes. She didn't know what she would do with herself if she was human, being a shadowhunter was all she knew. "Besides, I really don't know much about when she was young," Clary finished.

Alexia just shrugged. "She didn't always live in Brooklyn?" It came out as a question rather than a statement, just the way Alexia wanted it to.

"Just do what I do and get all the dirt from your relatives," Maureen suggested, craning her neck to regard the two.

"That's the thing," Clary said. "We would if we had any." Alexia then raised her hand, smirking a little. "Foster kid," Alexia self-declared, feeling the need to make that clear. Clary whacked her shoulder, scowling at Alexia playfully, saying, "you're still my sister." In these moments, Alexia sometimes felt like she really had a family, but she didn't. Not really.

"So, you have no one. No uncles, no aunts, no third cousins twice removed?" Maureen asked, intrigued. Alexia tensed a little; Jocelyn was not very good at covering her tracks when it came to family. When questioned, Jocelyn usually avoided the subject, something Alexia learned to do for herself as well.

"Nope, it's just me, Lex, and my mom," Clary shrugged nonchalantly. "And Luke," Alexia added, making Clary nod at her and turn back to Simon and Maureen, "and Luke."