007 ─── for now .

hellfire
007  ───  for now .

hellfire007  ───  for now

" you're safe, for now "

third person's view

           𝔗hanks to a rune Alexia had memorized a long time ago, every single word of the conversation that went down between Hodge, Clary and Jace reached her ears. She had forced herself to calm down after the sudden re-awakening of her visions, and busied herself with shuffling through her weapons and activating them, sharpening a few of them.

She was in the middle of sharpening her seraph dagger, white sparks flying off of the blade, her red waves pulled back into a tight ponytail when she heard Hodge reveal a piece of information to Jace and Clary, a piece of information that changed everything.

Jocelyn was in the Circle.

Alexia hated the Circle with everything she had. If she could, she would hunt down and kill every member with her bare hands. It sickened her to think that she had been living with an ex-Circle member all these years, sleeping across the hall from one.

But... Jocelyn had still given her a home, and accepted her into her family. She kept her hidden for years. And in the process of all of this, Alexia started to see Jocelyn and Clary as family. It was a weakness that she wished she didn't have, but she did.

She knew what she needed to do. Alexia couldn't stay in New York for much longer, not with Valentine and the Circle rising from the ashes, but she also couldn't leave Clary alone without Jocelyn to help her learn how to survive in the shadow world. So Alexia would force herself to ignore Jocelyn's history with the Circle, and instead help Clary find Jocelyn before disappearing from their lives forever.

Alexia fastened her bracelets around her wrists, satisfied with the sharpened tips that glinted threateningly in the light. Her mind preoccupied with listening to Hodge explain the Circle to Clary and Jace, something Alexia could've done herself, but she was already a stranger in this place. She didn't want to draw any more attention to herself than she had to.

"Stop Valentine. Before he destroys us all."

Alexia glanced up as Hodge said this, her eyes landing on Jace supporting him as he groaned, his Circle rune burning a bright red; a fitting punishment for traitors. Her eyes narrowed as Clary ran out, Jace following her.

"Don't worry. I intend to," Alexia muttered before looking up, glancing at where Jace had turned Clary around and started talking to her. Without another thought, she started towards them, noticing how she drew eyes as she walked through the Institute. If she wanted to stop drawing attention, she was going to have to - shudder - stop wearing so much red.

"What is a G.I. Joe?" Alexia heard Jace asked Clary, confused, making a smile pull at Alexia's lips as she approached. Neither Clary nor Jace had noticed her, too immersed in their own world.