010 ─── at dawn .

hellfire
010  ───  at dawn .

hellfire010  ───  at dawn

" she doesn't take betrayal well "

third person's view

         𝔈ver since the revelation that Valentine is Clary's father, the group had been divided into pretty clear lines. Alexia had been avoiding Clary like the black plague, and every time Clary tried to approach her, Alec snapped at her. And as soon as Alec snapped at Clary, Jace got pissed, causing Isabelle to have to step in and calm the both of them down. It was an odd dynamic that continued until they got back to the Institute, all five of them walking down the main hallway.

"I still don't understand," Clary said, her eyebrows furrowed. She turned around, but she was mostly directing every question she had towards her sister, even though Alexia was never the one to answer them. "How can shadowhunters be better than... than what you people call mundanes?"

"We protect humans," Alexia said quickly, still refusing to meet Clary's eyes. Clary glanced back, frustration playing across her expression when she saw that Alexia wasn't looking at her. Sure, Valentine killed her family, but that wasn't her fault!

Because nothing was ever Clary Fray's fault. Alexia pursed her lips.

"You're right. Humans. You protect humans," Clary hissed, fixing all of them with a furious glare. "You left Simon all alone in the van. Great job, guys, you rock!"

Alec glanced down, his jaw clenching when he saw Alexia flinch at Clary's words. "There is some truth to the idea that human beings should have a modicum of common sense," Alec snapped, crossing his arms with a sour expression. Alexia was looking away with a clenched jaw, so she didn't notice Alec shift on his feet, squaring his shoulders so he could stand partially in front of her.

"Alec. Not now," Isabelle snapped. Alec just gave her an irritated expression, but said nothing else.

"They won't do anything to Simon. They just want the cup, and they think we have it," Alexia scowled, crossing her arms.

"But why do they think that?" Clary snapped, before looking to Jace for answers once again. "Why does anyone think that? What, I'm lied to my entire life, except for when my mom told me "oh, by the way, there's this magic cup I hid on, like, the planet Bongo, but don't tell anyone!"" When she received nothing but blank looks at a reference that probably would've had Simon jumping up and down in the air, Clary let out a sigh. "What am I supposed to do now?"

"We have to report to the Clave," Alec said. There was the robot Lightwood again, obsessed with proving himself to the Clave. Alec walked past all of them, Jace following for a few steps. "They have to know what we've learned about Valentine."

"What, that he's my father?" Clary said sharply, making both Jace and Alec stop in their tracks. Isabelle and Alexia hadn't moved at all, neither of them wanting to deal with the Clave. "Great. Fine. Tell them. What good does that do Simon?" Clary raised an eyebrow, narrowing her eyes at Alec.