009 ─── silence is golden .

hellfire
009  ───  silence is golden .

hellfire009  ───  silence is golden

" quiet, please "

third person's view

        ℑt wasn't lost on Alexia how close Jace and Clary were getting. It was almost sickening, especially with Simon hanging back with a puppy dog look on his face that almost made Alexia feel bad for him. After all, he had waited too long, gotten himself stuck in the friendzone, and now he had to watch the girl he liked get close with another dude.

Alexia's opinion on Jace Wayland was complicated. For a shadowhunter, she thought he was fine. A good fighter. His ability to listen to orders was severely impaired, but then again, so was Alexia's. But in terms of Clary, Alexia always thought that she deserved better. She recognized that Jace was tethering Clary to the shadow world, giving her a shoulder to lean on. And she appreciated that he was doing that for her.

In terms of Isabelle Lightwood, Alexia had felt irritation quickly move to an odd sense of camaraderie. And Alec Lightwood, the other half to the two dark-haired shadowhunters, was a mystery to her. She wasn't bothered by him, except for when he went after Clary, and then she got protective.

The group came to a halt in front of the entrance that led to the City of Bones, a giant, empty doorway that was just below a stone skeleton that appeared to be staring all of them down. It was like a warning, to ward off any unsuspecting teenagers who happened upon the entrance while drunk. But Alexia stared right into the skeleton's empty eye sockets, unafraid. Out of everything in this world, Alexia Fray was not afraid of the Silent Brothers.

Clary heaved a sigh, staring at the entrance, and when Alexia looked over to her, she could see a flicker of fear in her eyes. "I can do this," Clary said, sounding like she was trying to convince herself more than anyone else.

Alexia reached over, grasping Clary's shoulder and rubbing it supportively. The sisters looked at each other with identical smiles of mutual support, neither of them having to say anything.

Meanwhile, Simon had to say everything to get his point across, because in an instant he was standing in front of Clary, a giant, goofy grin on his face. "Yeah, you can. You're Clary freakin' Fray. You can do anything," Simon insisted, once again playing the role of the best friend.

Clary smiled warmly, while Alexia just sighed, pitying Simon's inability to get out of the friend zone. "Are you sure you don't want me to come with you?" Alexia asked. Before the group had walked to the entrance, Alexia expressed her disgust towards the Silent Brothers. She told Clary that she would come with her if she wanted, but Clary insisted that Lex didn't have to, and she could go with Jace.

Clary shook her head, smiling half-heartedly. "It's fine." Alexia nodded, resigned, but her eyes widened when Simon turned and made to walk towards the entrance. "Woah, woah, woah, hold on, Glasses," Alexia said suddenly, taking her hand away from Clary's shoulder so she could grab Simon and stop him in his tracks.