09

Over the next couple of weeks Mycah really became part of the group, spending the majority of his time with the four. Unfortunately for Mycah, the same could be said for Arden. And while they were managing to hold their deal fairly well, it took a a lot of effort to hold back from fighting.

Today was one of those days that's too hot to do much of anything, and after attempting to chill on the beach for a while they all agreed the heat was too much. Instead they made their way up the beach to Felix and Katie's condo, in dire need of air conditioning and cold drinks.

"Your folks won't mind?" Arden asked as they piled in the front door and through to the sitting room.

"Nah, they're cool. Won't be home for a couple of hours anyway." Felix replied breezily.

He got to work turning on the AC and the group, as if only just realizing how exhausting the heat had made them, flopped down on the armchairs and sofas, limbs sprawled out in an effort to stay cool.

To Mycah's misfortune (he ignored the part of his brain saying the opposite), he found himself sharing a couch with Arden, their splayed our legs crossing over each other.

Arden seemed not to even register their proximity, continuing to chat to Connor with a completely neutral expression. Mycah, on the other hand, was exhausting every effort to ignore the feel of Arden's legs on his. Arden's skin on his.

Mycah didn't know whether he was grateful or regretful that he and Arden were both wearing shorts. Just shorts, if that wasn't clear. Leaving Arden's toned chest on full display.

Not that Mycah was looking.

(Obviously a lie. He totally was.)

The room fell silent apart from the occasional light conversation, the group relaxing into their chairs and closing their eyes. Not long after light snores could be heard from Katie's corner of the room, and if Mycah had the energy he would have laughed.

Mycah closed his eyes and sunk further into the couch cushions, thinking of how he could stay like this forever. He wasn't used to this sort of heat at home, and while it took some getting used to he was really starting to appreciate it.

A small while later something happened. Mycah was still awake, but just. He was dozing in and out of a very light sleep, when Arden's hand found his thigh.

Wait, what the fuck? Mycah froze. Arden's finger was tracing a small circle, an action so absentminded that Mycah was sure the other boy probably didn't even realize he was doing it.

Mycah, on the other hand, was going crazy. Arden's light touch was enough to get his heart racing. There was nothing sexual about the action, but that didn't stop his breathing from becoming labored.

He didn't dare open his eyes, though he didn't know of what exactly he was afraid of seeing.

Why was this happening? When had this all began to happen? When had Arden's touch become enough to affect him like this? Mycah cursed the summer heat for heightening his senses, but knew deep down the weather was not at fault here.

He didn't know how long he lay there, unable to relax due to his racing heart. He lay stiff as a board, the circle being traced on his leg sending him into a downward spiral of emotion.

He tried to distract himself by thinking about his favorite things; hot girls, hot guys, and pizza. But alas, his efforts were futile. Not even imagining a shirtless Harry Styles holding a giant cheese pizza could take his mind of Arden and his stupid hand going around and around in those hypnotic circles.

Eventually, the ping of a text message sounded from the other end of the couch. Arden's hand stopped, and it was only then that Mycah dared to peek open his eyes.