15

"I'm bored." Mycah complained, flopping down next to Arden on the couch.

"Good for you." Arden replied without bothering to look up from his book. Mycah was so childlike at times, constantly needing to be entertained.

"Whatcha reading?" Mycah hummed, angling his neck to read the cover of Arden's book.

"A book." Arden answered curtly, not in the mood to entertain Mycah with small talk. He didn't like storms, and focusing his energy on his novel was helping to keep his mind off the ongoing storm.

"I noticed as much. What book?" Mycah asked, rolling his eyes.

Arden ignored him, continuing to read.

"Arden." Mycah whined, shoving the other boy lightly.

"Mycah." Arden mimicked, still not looking up from his book. However, his efforts to ignore the Mycah were futile when the other boy simply reached across and plucked the book from his hands.

"Hey!" Arden sputtered indignantly, "I was in the middle of reading that."

"Well not any more pretty boy." Mycah answered cheekily, smirking when he noticed the blush that spread across Arden's cheeks.

"Give it back."

"Nope."

"Mycah." Arden said sternly.

"Yes?"

"Give it back."

"No. Let's do something else, I'm bored."

"Piss off," Arden huffed. "I'm not your babysitter. If you're bored, go outside."

"But there's a storm." Mycah answered.

"My point exactly."

Mycah stuck his tongue out childishly at Arden, who flipped him off in return.

"I have an idea." Mycah said.

"I don't care. Give me my book." Arden answered blandly.

"Let's get drunk."

Arden stared at Mycah for a moment in disbelief. "Yeah, because that worked out so well for us last time," he said sarcastically.

"About that.." Mycah began casually, but Arden cut him off before he could continue.

"I don't want to hear whatever you're about to say. What we said that night stays with that night." He said abruptly, causing Mycah's face to fall in disappointment.

"C'mon Arden. Let's just talk about it. It's not like you've anything better to do." Mycah whined.

Arden stared at Mycah, dumbfounded. "Yes I do. I have my book to read." He said, lunging across in an attempt to grab the book off Mycah, who in turn legged it off the couch and straight into the kitchen, hiding the book in a cupboard with such speed that by the time Arden had followed him in the book was nowhere to be seen.

They faced off across the kitchen counter, Mycah smirking victoriously while Arden frowned, annoyed.

"Hey," he protested. "Don't be a dick Mycah. I want my book."