19

A few days later, and Mycah wished he could say he was still on a high from the kiss. He wished he could say that finding his feelings with Arden had well and truly cured him.

But Mycah wasn't stupid, nor did he pretend to be. It wasn't that easy.

So when he found he was having an off day, he wasn't even surprised enough to be annoyed. He was just tired at this stage, tired of always feeling like this. Of constantly being pulled back down and soon as things began to look up.

Arden had left around three to go for a long run, and Mycah had been lying here since. This time, he didn't barely even felt the tears threatening to spill. He wasn't angry or frustrated. He wasn't breaking down or throwing things at the wall. He felt worn out- tired, exhausted, and just empty.

And as for him and Arden- he wasn't quite sure what exactly was going on with them. It had been three days since the kiss and while they hadn't kissed since, things had obviously changed between them.

Shy smiles were exchanged- (shy on Arden's behalf anyway- Mycah always seemed to don a confident smirk). Meal times had become a chance to play footsies under the table. Night times had become a game of who would give in and fall into the other's bed first. (Arden usually won that one- Mycah was impatient as hell and super whipped).

Mycah tried to focus his energy on positive thoughts, like Arden, but he was coming up blank. He sunk further into his duvet, feeling so alone. Sure, his parents were just downstairs and would come rushing to his aid at his soonest cry, but he didn't want to be a burden to them. It was their holiday, they had payed for it after all. They deserved a relaxing summer for how hard they worked, and the last thing he wanted to do was ruin that for them.

However, it seemed that for once his thoughts were actually being answered. Because no sooner then the feeling of loneliness had began to sink in, the telltale sound of footsteps running up the stairs told him that Arden was home. And though the small flicker of happiness that crossed his chest was fleeting, nevertheless it was there.

Arden burst into the room on a exercise high from his jog. He was humming under his breath, oblivious to Mycah holed up under his duvet.

It was only when Arden turned around and saw the teary eyed Mycah staring blankly at the ceiling that he realized- oh. Oh. This was one of Mycah's episodes.

He dropped his phone onto his bed, slipping off his trainers and kicking them aside before softly making his way over to Mycah's bed.

"Mycah?" He questioned gently, laying a soft hand on the other boy's shoulder.

Mycah turned slowly in response, using all his energy to muster up a small smile for Arden. It was pathetic, and he knew it. But nevertheless it was sincere, as the closest thing to happiness that he had right now was the boy leaning over him.

"Not doing so good buddy?" Arden asked gently, returning Mycah's feeble smile.

"No." Mycah answered quietly, briefly.

"Anything you wanna talk about?" Arden offered.

There was a pause before Mycah answered.

"Just not feeling too great. I'm in my head too much."

"Want me to go?"

This time there was no pause, no stopping to think.

"No." Of this Mycah was sure.

Arden hesitated. "Want me to join you?"

Mycah looked at him, the look in his eyes all the answer Arden required. He shuffled down, drawing back the covers and sliding into the bed alongside Mycah. Like they had done before. But this time was different because Mycah was exposing a completely different side of himself to Arden. And Arden was experiencing for the first time the completely vulnerable side of Mycah, and learning things about both Mycah and himself in the process.