Hoping for Hope

Just as I was helping a little girl find her parents when I heard a huge explosion from behind me.  I looked to see a purple figure standing atop a bridge, I noticed it as him.

"Vile?" I asked, I heard screams from all around me, the little girl holding into my hand for dear life. I grabbed to run with the child in my arms, running away from the insanity back there. I was being chased by Vile as he jumped over buildings just to get to me. I stopped when he jumped in the air and landed with a clang in front of me. He stood before me, not saying a word. He finally spoke after a while.

"Put the girl down and she won't get hurt." I did as he said and the child ran off to the side to another human who was helping the citizens.

"So pretty lady. Are you sure you don't want to be by my side? You, me, alone, wandering this world trying to find ourselves." I felt his arm wrap around my waist and I punched this metallic chest. He tsked and held me tighter.

"Come on~ there's no X to save you now. He won't get in between us~" he whispered into my audio fin. I cringed and tried to run. I tried jumping out of his grip but he used his other arm and held me in place. I felt his hand run down my bag and my back stopping just above my plating. I could feel my energy levels rise as he held me tight. I wanted to run away. Thankfully he let me go after another maverick landed behind him and I. It was Storm Eagle. His wings folded behind his back and he crossed his arms. His gaze unwavered towards Vile.

"Vile." He spoke, his deep voice booming like thunder. "You were not permitted to enter this are nor interact with Y/N." He explained.

"What? The big man scared I'll steal his girl?" He spoke as he reached for me. Just before he grabbed me I stood up and ran away as fast as my legs would carry me. I fell a couple of times, but thankfully I saw Storm Eagle holding Vile's arm to stop him from running after me. I ran all the way back until I reached the building where all the Maverick hunters were crowding, giving out jobs to newly repaired hunters. I ran up to them and grabbed ones shoulder. He jumped and turned around.

"Mavericks!" I heaved out "Spotted west of here behind that building!" I yelled and pointed behind me with my thumb. A few hunters ran after the direction but I looked up to see Zero in front of me.

"What Maverick? Could you tell?" He asked me putting his hand on my shoulder.

"Storm Eagle and..." I took a breath "Vile."

"Vile!?" He asked shocked and confused. I just stared up at him as he stared off into space for a moment before returning and looking down at me.

"You should get some rest. It's been a big day for all of us and you're hardly in a condition to tirelessly use your energy. Report in the morning. We'll come up with a plan, all of us." He spoke with a straight face but by his voice I could tell He was trying to make me feel better. I gave him a small smile and regained my breath before walking off to the small apartment I called home, only to find it in ruins.

I saw human police officers yelling at Reploids who were asking questions about the building. I too joined wondering where I would lay my head. The police officer gave me the most menacing look I've ever seen from a human. He pointed at me

"You're a robot! Does it matter? Just sleep on a bench or something." I felt rage fill me, but I huft and sat on a bench angrily next to another fellow angry reploid.

"You have just saved a few hundred humans and still the treat us like dirt." The reploid next to me said gritting his teeth.

"We should just hope this war doesn't affect our homes for too long." I said looking at him.

"It will. We know. Humans know it. Hunters know it. Mavericks know it. Who doesn't?" He asked rhetorically and laid down. I joined him on the bench and tried to sleep.

Hopefully tomorrow will bring more hope.