3

After we ate out breakfast and changed our clothes, the taxi came and drove us to the airport. Once we stepped foot into the building, we were escorted to the airport check-in. Everything was sorted out, apparently, dad made all this happen in a couple of hours and I was impressed and I was sure as hell mom was too. We didn't have to do anything but sit our butts in the plane and wait for it to take off.

"Elara, do you need anything, sweetie?" I asked my little sister as she made herself comfortable in the window seat. She shook her head no and stared outside. I kissed her temple then turned my head to mom who was talking to the stewardess about how long it will take us to get there because I knew for a fact that it took us once 12 hours by car.

"It won't take long, this flight will be one hour and thirty minutes long. Should I get you something to eat or just water?" She asked mom and mom looked at us. I shook my head and told her that Elara was good.

"Okay, I'll take the water please" Mom requested and the stewardess smiled with a nod. She walked away and I closed my eyes to rest for a bit.

~~~

I opened my eyes when I felt the plane descending from the sky. I looked around me and saw Elara sleeping and mom reading a newspaper that was in the seat pocket. "Hey," I said when I stretched my arms over my head.

"Hey, did you sleep well?" She asked when she put down the newspaper. She grabbed my hand and rubbed her thumb over it.

I smiled at the sensation. It felt nice and relieving. "Yes actually, hey mom..." I trailed off, wanting to say something for her.

"Yes, sweetie?" She waited for me to talk and I did after I took a deep breathe then looked her in the eyes.

I gave her a tight smile. "It will be okay, we'll make it through. I know that you have an awkward relationship with dad but I still see the love in your eyes. I may not know the real reason for your divorce but I do know this... We are a strong family. We will make it through with a big smile and always remember, I'm not just your daughter, I'm your best friend. Like I always say: I'm an open book but a closed well, remember that!" I ejaculated in a firm tone. I meant every word that I said and I was willing to sacrifice my life for my family. They were everything I have.

Her tears were floating down her rosy cheeks like a waterfall, nevertheless, she looked absolutely stunning. I loved my appearance but sometimes, I wished that I looked like mom. She was like a model, with her dark blond hair, sea blue eyes and a perfect body, she would have been a famous fashion model. But, I still thank God that I was born into this amazing family. I was thankful that she was my mom.

"What did I do to deserve such a blessing?" She asked with a wide smile. I whipped her tears away and held her cheeks. "I love you, I love Elara, I love Andro, I love Nolan and I still love your dad. I'm so lucky to have you in my life and I'm grateful that no one got hurt in that fire. I know that it meant the world to you and it had a lot of memories but you should always remember, Evelina, that home is not a place. Home is where the family is, and I will talk to you when I want to, and I'm sure I'll have those moments since I'm getting to live with the man that I've been married to for 25 years. I hope that everything will be okay" She finished and I hugged her tight.

The pilot spoke through the speakers, letting us know that we had descended successfully and we all clapped for him. We stood up and looked at Elara who was still asleep. "I'll carry her, I'm sure you're still tired. You didn't sleep" I pointed out and mom thanked me then walked ahead of us.

Once we were out of the plane, we walked to the exit with Elara in my arms, seconds later, she woke up and demanded to walk saying that she didn't want to tire me even more. She was a sweet puddle of joy.