7

"Mom, we're home!" Andro called as we stepped foot into the house, Elara ran to the bathroom because she was in need for it, no need for more elaboration. Mom emerged from the living room with a big jar of popcorn. She was wearing a big hoodie and shorts. She looked like a teenage girl more than I ever did and she looked so beautiful and carefree. When she saw us, she smiled brightly and hugged Andro and me tightly. 

Elara came back after a while and she got a bigger hug from mom. "Oh, I missed you all so much. I'm not used to not working and I'm sure as hell not used to not having you around me all the time." She spoke as we all entered the kitchen. I was hungry and I saw homemade food waiting for us on the counter, it looked and smelled delicious. This was expected from mom. "This is for you guys, dig in and tell me what do you think!" She added and we all sat on the chairs.

The first bite was amazing and the second bite was addicting. I couldn't talk until my plate was clean from any food my mom had made for us. It tasted like heaven and like they always say: Food was symbolic of love when words were inadequate. 

"Thanks for the food, mom, it was great as usual" I expressed my gratitude and then cleaned my plate in the sink. 

Mom waved her hand. "Don't worry about it, glad you liked it and now tell me, how was school?" She asked us three while she grabbed my dad's empty plate and walked towards the sink and stood next to me to clean it.

I smiled. "It was great actually, I made new friends. Their names are Emilia and Franky and they have a huge crush on Andro's friends" I cleared in excitement and Andro nodded for a second then his eyes widened in realization at what I said. "You do know that, right?" I asked him and we all walked to the living room after cleaning up.

"No, I don't" He replied with raised eyebrows and I felt like an idiot for telling him. "Who likes who?" He asked me already wanting the details like an old neighbour lady who lives for gossip and love stories. 

I sat on the couch and Elara sat next to me with a phone in her hand. "Promise me you won't tell them, because it's not your call to do that" I warned him in a serious tone and mom and dad nodded in agreement with me. Andro nodded with a genuine smile and I knew I could trust him. "Well, Franky loves Rick and Emilia loves Jace. They met me in the bathroom to make sure that I didn't have any feelings for them and I told them no and I will help them get closer together, then we hit it off and became good friends at the end of the day" I explained and everyone was staring at me like I killed an innocent butterfly. "What?" I asked and waited for their reply.

"Wow, they didn't bully you at first, right?" Dad asked with a concern expression and I shook my head no.

"They were too kind to do such a thing, they just needed confirmation if I was their new rival and luckily for them, I'm not and will never be," I answered him and then continued. "My day was normal except for the fact that dad hid the fact that he was the freaking principal in a school that the majority of it is male students! Mom, you knew?" I asked her and she laughed. She did...

"I did, they told me to keep it as a surprise and I agreed. Surprise!" She admitted and I huffed in annoyance. What a great family!  I stood up and walked to the door. "I will walk for a bit to get to know the area a bit more, I will be back before it's dark," I told them and they nodded. Andro stood up and walked me to the door. 

He put his hand on my shoulder. "Just be careful of the small groups of guys. Stay away from them" He warned me in a firm tone and I hugged him to show him that I will be just fine. I was not weak. I walked out of the door and headed to my new neighbourhood.

~~~

I walked for about ten minutes until I reached a little Caramel shop, it looked so cute but what really caught my attention was an old lady who was looking at her reflection in the window. I approached her slowly and looked at her reflection with a smile. "Is something the matter?" I asked her gently and she looked at me with a warm smile.