Chapter 4~ Defenders of the Universe

"All right, let's not panic." Shiro said. "Not panic? Th-The scary purple alien thing is driving his battleship toward us. We only have four Lions!" Hunk stated, starting to panic against Shiro's wishes. "Technically, only three working Lions." Pidge points out. "Pidge, that's not helping!" You say. "That's right. Thank you, Pidge. Three working Lions an-and a Castle that's, like, 10,000 years old!" Hunk continues. "A-Actually, it's 10,600 years old. You see, it was built by my grandfather—" Coran starts, but his mouth is quickly covered by your hand. "You're not helping either!" You hiss. "Thanks, Coran. Thank you for that. See? Now is the perfect time to panic!" Hunk finishes, and starts to actually panic. You rub Hunk's arm lightly, trying to sooth the shaking guy.

"Wait! This Castle has a particle we can activate!" Allura states happily. You look over at Lance, who smirks at Allura. Oh god... "Girl, you've already activated my par—" "—Lance!" You and Shiro cut him off. "Aw, (Y/n), don't be jealous~" He said to you. You playfully roll your eyes.

"The particle barrier won't hold Sendak's ion cannon forever. The Galra technology must have advanced since we fought them last." Coran said. "Panic now?" Hunk asks. "No. We've just got to figure out our plan of action, aaand... figure it out quickly." Shiro replies. "Well, they know we have the blue and yellow lions, but not the green. If Lance and Hunk distract them with their lions, the rest of us can sneak on board in the Green Lion, with the exception of Allura and Coran. Pidge can guard the entrance and the rest of us can sneak on to find the Red Lion-"

"OR we could pop through a wormhole and live to fight another day." Lance cuts you off. You give him a 'really' look, until you realize he saved you from spoiling the plan anymore. "I second that. Yes. I mean, we tried to find all the Lions, right? We gave it the old college try. Couldn't do it. We only have three. We can't form Voltron. I man, I guess we could form a... snake? Or a worm! To go through that hole, Lance, that you were talking about!" Hunk exclaims, clearly on board with the new direction.

"Then, it's settled. Allura, Shiro, you guys ride with me. One of you take the old guy." Lance says, tilting his head to gesture to a seething Coran. "We can't just abandon Arus. The Galra will keep destroying planets and capturing prisoners until we stop them." Pidge exclaims, desperate to stay and fight.

"Okay. If we run, then maybe Sendak will follow us and leave this planet alone, like when we left Earth. We form the snake-worm thingamajig and we—hisss out of here." Hunk tried to compromise. "Sendak could destroy the planet then come after us anyway. Staying is our only option." Keith angrily exclaims.

"Here's an option: shut your Quiznak." Lance says to Keith, pretending to 'zip his lips' as if this were kindergarten. Allura and Coran look at him in shock. "I don't think you're using that word correctly." Keith shot back. "What do you know, Mullet?" Lance questions. "We're staying." Keith demands, clearly set on staying, and not changing his mind anytime soon. "Leaving!" Lance argues. "Staying!" Pidge agrees with Keith. "SNAKE!" Hunk exclaims.

"SHUT UP." Your voice boomed through the room. The two sides turn away from each other. "I can tell you what we're not doing! We're not gonna keep fighting, that's not gonna get us anywhere!" You exclaim, fed up with their bickering. "(Y/n) is right! We're not getting anywhere. Princess Allura, these are your Lions. You've dealt with the Galra Empire before. You know what we're facing better than any of us. What do you think is the best course of action?" Shiro asks. You look expectantly at her. She looks down thoughtfully and sadly.

"I... I-I don't know." She finally says. "Perhaps your father can help." Coran says. "My father?" She asks. "Didn't he-" You start, but you are cut off by Coran. "King Alfor knew there was a chance he might never see you again. So, his memories, his very being, were stored in this computer for you." Coran says to Allura. "That's incredible!" Pidge exclaims, fascinated by the technology. If technology on Altea were that advanced back then, I wonder how it would be now..? You wonder, curiously.