Chapter 8~ Tears of the Balmera

"Haxus! I want whoever's in this ship found and terminated!" Sendak orders. You watch the scene play out, wincing away from Shiro every once in a while, who was trying to wipe some cuts on your face- it wasn't really working, as his hands were tied too. Shiro was just trying to help, but it hurt a lot.

"Commander Sendak, I've received a transmission generating from somewhere inside." Haxus informs, tapping away on the keys of the holographic computer. He plays the communication channel out loud, and you hear Allura and Pidge speaking. You suck in a tight breath.

"There's not much time before they get the ship running again. You must shut off the particle barrier so we can get in." "You got it. Tell me what to do." "The particle barrier generator is beneath the-" You cough really loudly to cut off her location, but everyone just glared at you, including Shiro. "It wasn't intentional, I swear!" You whisper to Shiro who just deadpans and looks away.

"She's telling the intruder how to take down our defenses!" Haxus yells. Well yeah, isn't that the point? You think to yourself. "Yes, but she's also giving away his location. Find that room. Kill the Paladin!" "No-" Shiro starts to shout, but you quickly smack his arm. The Galra look over, but ignore it. "She'll be fine, it's okay." You mutter to him.

"Repair the engine. Emperor Zarkon has commanded us to bring him Voltron. This ship will rise before day's end." Sendak commands, making his goons cheer. "Now then," he says, turning to you. He gives you a toothy, evil grin. "Where were we?" "Oh, no, it's okay, really." You say to him. Shiro keeps muttering 'shut up' under his breath.

"Oh, but," he says. His hand extends over and grabs you. He then retracts his arm, bringing you back to him. "I insist." He growls. He than slams you on the floor like a rag doll. Is there really anything I can do other than survive this? You ask yourself. You were being thrown around, but your body became numb from the damage. You started just thinking about life, happy memories, sad memories, just- everything.

Then your mind drifted to Erika. Was that call really the last time you'd see her? Only if you kept up like this. You had to fight back. The world is "go big or go home"- and technically you can't go home just yet, and that leaves one option left. You didn't know how much this was going to help, or if were going to work at all, but you had to try. You took a deep breath.

1..

2..

3!

He threw you again, but you were ready. When you were about to land on your back, you flipped over and landed on your feet. With your arms locked behind you, you booked it towards the door. Thankfully, the doors swung open and out you went. You couldn't process where you were going or any of the turns you took, but you just kept running. You heard them chasing after you, shooting at you, but you kept running. When you got a good distance in front of them, you hid behind a corner, heart pumping so fast. The guards ran the other direction, and you creeped down that hall. You sighed when you realized you could only hear your footsteps.

You found a little alignment in the wall where two metal panels met, and you pulled it apart. It was hard- especially in your condition, but you created an edge. You put one of your cuffs on it, lightly tapped it a few times, before slamming your wrist onto it. You had a big, bleeding scratch, but it worked. You examined your wrist. It's not broken- yet! You think enthusiastically.

You slowly pad down the hall, creeping around like a spy on a mission. You're not sure what to do now besides not get caught. You didn't wanna try and help Pidge, but you didn't want to just stay in the shadows. Ehhhh screw it, I'll go and watch. If I can find it. You think. You continue waking down the corridor, until you see and open vent. Deciding that that might be the best way to stay safe, you crawl in.