Chapter 15

Frostbite's POV

"I'm an animus," said Frostbite.

Python's jaw dropped open.

"W-what?" he stuttered.

"Yup," said Frostbite, taking a bite out of another mango.

"Please, please stay," begged Python. "Try to convince your parents for you to stay."

"I'm sorry to say this Python, but I must leave you sometime," explained Frostbite. "However, since you seem to be so desperate, you can wish for anything- and I can grant it."

"What about I wish you stay in the Rainforest Kingdom?" asked Python.

Frostbite glanced at Python. "Anything but that."

"Okay, okay, fine," Python said, submitting to her. "Enchant me to be an animus."

"Alright, I can grant that," said Frostbite. "I enchant Python of the RainWings to have animus power."

"Cool!" said Python excitedly. "I enchant that rock to explode," he said, pointing at a boulder. It combusted. "Wow! Thanks!"

"No problem. I have to ask you something else as well."

"What?"

"My gift, remember? For my tribe!"

"Oh. I have some ideas. Maybe it could be related to trees?"

"Maybe light too! In my dream, there was a lot of li- that's it! A light tree! Thanks, Python!"

"You're welcome."

"I have to get going as well," Frostbite said sadly. "I must depart now."

"Farewell," said Python. "May the moons guide you on your journey."

Frostbite took one last look at the trees, the colorful, shimmering RainWings, and last but not least, Python. Then she turned around and tilted her wings so that the sun was to the right of her, stretched her wings wide, and soared towards the land of blizzards and polar bears.