Author's Note

There may have been some parts in my book where you wondered: Wait, why are some of the facts here inaccurate?

If you didn't get what I meant, I'll explain.

For those of you who have read Wings of Fire, you may have noticed in Winter Turning that the moment Winter thought of Frostbite, he recalled Frostbite "spent years painstakingly carving the tree with her own claws, each branch and twig and frost-kissed leaf."

However, in my book, Frostbite only took a moon.

As for Aurora, Winter Turning stated "Queen Glacier's astonishing palace was also animus-touched-- the gift of splendor, designed, built, and enchanted years ago by a pair of animus twins, with magic that ensured its walls of ice would never melt, never crack, and never be harmed by outside attack."

But Aurora didn't have a twin, and she never, ever ensured the castle wouldn't be harmed by outside attack, even after Tern pointed out she could.

But let me tell you something. Something that happens in the human world, too.

Facts change over time.

Remember that.

For example, there is a certain game called "Telephone."

I think that's a pretty good example, because the starting sentence might've been "Clay and Peril one hundred percent have a crush on each other," and who knows, it might've changed to "Darkstalker sent a special request to Fathom to shove a salmon up his snout."

It's no surprise a lot of people at my school like to play it.

Same goes for Pyrrhia (and Pantala's) history.

Another example: "Aurora enchanted the ice castle to never melt" might've turned to "Two animus twins enchanted the castle to never melt, crack, or be harmed."

"It took Frostbite one moon to carve the ice tree" could've turned to "It took Frostbite several years to carve the ice tree."

If Winter was reading this, he would probably say, "Eh. Not my fault I got the facts wrong. TAKE THAT, WEBS!!!"

Qibli: I don't think it's a good idea to criticize Webs...

Moon: Me too.

Anemone: Just be glad you didn't have Whirlpool.

Me: ^~^

- ShadowClaw Eclipse

Author of The First Animus

August 27th, 2018