Part Three

Wren's POV
Wren couldn't help but smile when the human boy gasped. Then he remembered the boys fate and the smile was gone. He knew damn well what happened when a human could see a nymph or cleobis. He looked up at the giant trees and the huts nestled in their branches. After a day of hunting, it was good to hear the children laughing and they ran across the rope bridges connecting the huts. Although today the happy, lighthearted chatter made him feel worse. He was unable to maintain their secrets and more importantly, their safety. The two new vines on his arms reminded him of how unwanted he was amongst the nymphs.
×××
Chase looked up at the huts in the trees. The whole village reminded of the ewok villages in Star Wars. The people in the trees looked kinda like Wren. When he looked closer he could see that their skin was greener than his. Chase wondered why.

Suddenly the whole place was silent. Children moved to hide behind branches. Some parents ushered the children inside. Windows and doors closed, some were left cracked so the other nymphs could see what was going on. Chase realized what happened. They'd seen him. Wren aggressively grabbed his arm. Chase looked up in surprise. Wren  seemed to have warmed up to him on the walk here. Now he pulled out his knife and lightly pressed it into his side.

Wren led Chase towards a large, sprawling oak tree. As they neared the tree, Chase could make out the  windows and doors. The tree was a building! He could he see people around carrying platters and pushing around carts. There were scary- looking guards stationed as the Tree's entrance. They had spears with wooden handles and quartz tips. The had whips made out of thorny vines hanging from their belts. The guards opened the door and Chase found himself in a large, open room. It had tall pine trees supporting the grand dome ceiling like pillars. It's reminded Chase of a throne room from mideval times. Wren let go of him and stepped forward. He looked back with regret and two bulky guards forced Chase onto his knees. Chase could feel a spear digging into his back, cause blood to ooze out. A gorgeous young woman walked into the room, he dress looked like it was made out of rose petals and roses were braided into her chestnut brown hair. Wren turn his back to chase and got down on one knee and bowed his head.
"My Queen".