Part Five

Is this yours?" Chase breathed. They stepped off the branch and onto a balcony type thing. Wren pointed to a far corner, "That's going to be your area, I'll get you sleep stuff just don't touch my stuff." With that, Wren leaped over the edge of the balcony.

Chase hurried towards the edge but Wren was out of sight. Chase sighed and looked at his wrists. They still bound together. Chase took this time to really look at Wren's room. Off to one side there was a wall of bookshelves. As Chase got closer he realized he didn't regonize any of the tittles. If was stupid of him to think they would have books like he did. They weren't human after all. There was what he thought could have been a closet or storage room, next to it was a barrel full of weapons. All of tips of edges were made form clear quartz. Hanging up above it was a bow and a quiver full of arrows. Chase circled the room, looking at chests of clothes, weapons and armour. Wren's desk was made from a dark wood and had large leaves covered in writing scattered across its surface. He had almost made a complete circle when he go to Wren's bed. It had a large canopy of ivy covering the top and bedding made from animal pelts. Chase tried to picture Wren sleeping in this bed, his thoughts drifted to how he would sleep. Did he wear pajamas like humans? Maybe he slept shirtless. Chase blushed and turned away from the bed. He walked back over to the balcony and sat down. Sitting down made his back sting. When Wren held him at knife point he was gentle, but the guards weren't.
The leaves above him rustled and Wren dropped down on to the floor in front of him. He turned and looked at the edge of the balcony as five raccoons pulled bedding, similar to Wren's, into view. Chase's jaw dropped, he looked over at Wren who met his gaze with a smile. "Over there, in that corner." Wren directed the little creatures to the area he'd pointed out earlier. He walked over an sat down I front of Chase. Wren placed his hand on the bindings on Chase's wrist and they began to recede into a stick again. "We protect them so they help us." Chase realized he was staring and looked away. "Oh. What about the fur?" Wren looked up at Chase. "Everything dies at some point. Why kill the poor creatures when you can just wait? Now, take off your shirt."
"Excuse me?" Chase began to blush as he tried to push previous images out of his mind.
"For the bleeding, why else?" Wren questioned. Chase's blush deepened as he pulled of his shirt. "Nothing." His back stung as the fabric shifted over it. He was a little disappointed about the hole and blood that were now on his AC/DC shirt. Wren began dig around in a pouch on his belt. He produced some dried plants and a strip of cloth. Wren moved behind Chase and began to dress the cut.