Chapter 8: Dress to Impress!

So its been a week since James and I went on our date. I honestly didn't make a big deal about it though. Sam on the other hand was doing the complete opposite of what I was doing, hence letting it die down.

The dance was in two weeks and I still had no dress. Mom told me she would take me dress shopping this weekend but I wasn't at all interested. On the back of my mind there was one thing and one thing only. I couldn't exactly explain it if I could.

It's saturday morning and of course I am in the biggest rush to get ready because today we were going dress shopping! Mom let me take Sam on our little trip which made it ten times more exciting.

Ring, Ring, Ring

"Mom, its grandma." I told mom as I handed the phone to her

"Ok." Mom replied as she grabbed the phone from my hand

I stayed in the kitchen to finish my cereal. I overheard mom talking to grandma, she mentioned a few things but one of those things caught my attention. The man from the portrait was in town, he was visiting grandma and I had no idea why. I wanted to know what relationship she had with that man. I had to find out I thought. I hadn't noticed that I had dropped my spoon back into my plate and I had been staring blankly into nothing until mom was trying to catch my attention.

"What did grandma say." I asked as I came out of my daze

"Ohh she wanted us to go over her house because she wanted to introduce someone to me but I told her I couldn't." Mom replied as she grabbed the keys to the car.

Its the man from the portrait. I was confident that it was him. I wanted to tell mom right then and there that I wanted to meet this person grandma was talking about but then she would be alarmed because of my sudden interest for a person that I have never met.

" Are you coming?" Mom asked

"Yes.." I said as I stood up.

We had been walking for a few minutes till I spotted my favorite dress store. We had gone downtown were the big brand names stores were. It was almost like the city, we did live in the suburbs after all.

We went in the store and to be honest I got lost in all those elegant looking dresses. We went to the cocktail dresses and there it was a Off White Tulle & Beaded Strapless Short Dress. Its perfect I thought, it was two hundred dollars though. I don't think mom would get me this dress.

"You like it?" Mom asked

"Yeahh, its soo cutee mom!" I replied with excitement

"Well go try it on and if I love it I will buy it." Mom added

"Okay." I responded

I asked the lady in charge if she could help me and so she did. She escorted me to an un occupied dressing room. I went in and undressed myself putting my clothes aside. I walked toward the dressed that hanged so beautifully, I got it off its hanger, I slowly and carefully put it on. I looked at myself in the mirror and you would not imagine how gorgeous I looked. I just hoped mom would love it and to my surprise she did. The lady came up to me and added a few accessories to go with the dress. We ended up buying the accessories, the heels and the dress all at once.

I was happy with my choice of dress, I was beginning to feel excited about this dance. I hope it turns out to be the best night of my life.

After we brought my dress and the lady had put my dress in one of those dress store bags, which I thought were very classy, we went back to the car to drop off my dress. I noticed something odd in Sam. By the way she looked I knew something was wrong.