~ The Bite - Part 2 ~

A/N - Woah, it looks like this is getting lots of views and favorites. I'm so thankful for all of you!! Love you!

Also... this one shot book has over 20k views!!! I'm so honored you guys have read and liked and commented, thank you so much!

OH .. and I forgot to mention that Wallace West is in this. My bad!

Enjoy!
———

<> One Month Earlier <>

A snow flake fell to land on Richard Grayson's palm and he peered down at it curiously, sticking his tongue out in concentration as he tried picking it up between his fingers. It quickly melted and slipped from his index and thumb, dropping and dripping down onto the roof's plaster.

Nightwing was sitting silently, perched on the edge of the solemn gray home. He had been patrolling for about an hour now and the only thing he helped was a cat down from a tree. The only thanks he got was about two scratches in the face as it struggled in his grip, then leapt out of his hands and ran off.

Crickets chirped off in the distance and Gotham city shut down for the night. Lights turned off, one by one down the street and the only illuminated lights left on were the streetlights.

"Oh yeah, go on patrol alone tonight Dick. I heard there's a super mega bad guy out there. You can take him. I'm gonna stay home and get homework done for once," Nightwing repeated the words of Tim from earlier that night. He sighed, standing back up on the edge and looking down at the city night.

Gotham was usually bright with lights, but more often than not fog would roll in from nowhere and envelop the houses in a fade of gray. This was one of those nights.

He scanned the houses across from the one he was standing on and caught a glimpse of something pitch black, running quick and silent on a rooftop. It disappeared as quickly as it came.

"What.." Nightwing whispered to himself, squinting his eyes in that direction and leaning forward a little.

A sharp whistle came from behind him and something like a gunshot could be heard in the distance. He swung around, baton out and clutched tightly at his side if he needed it. With the fog, he couldn't see more than ten feet in from of him and he narrowed his eyes in question.

Nightwing momentarily wondered if he should go check about that gunshot instead. No, he'd check that after this menace was caught.

Maybe there actually was a super
mega bad guy. Ha, right.

A silhouette of a man took shape in the fog before him and Nightwing tightened his grip on the baton. The man was tall and lean, with skinny arms and skinny legs as he walked. He had what looked to be a trench coat on, but it seemed to be falling off of his shoulders the closer he came.

He didn't look like he wanted to stop moving forward anytime soon, and Nightwing was already on the edge of the roof as it was. He glared at the pitch black figure and moved to take a step away. The man didn't like that.

He dashed forward on two legs and grabbed Nightwing by the neck, swinging him around and dropping him on the roof onto his back. He grunted and his air was taken from him the second he landed.

The man did not speak, but he did grin. And when he grinned, his teeth grew. His eyes flashed a color that an eye should never have, and Nightwing felt his heart thumping harder than before.

"Who are you?" Nightwing demanded, trying to keep his posture and breathing in check. He wasn't going to give up that easily.

The man didn't answer, instead his teeth only grew longer and his tongue came from his mouth, slithering. Nightwing scowled, disgusting.