~ Helping Trouble - Part 4 ~

Enjoy 3349 words of emotional bat love and humor.

AHFSODJofs I reread this and found a part where Batman is talking to Tim in front of a victim that Tim is controlling, and he literally calls him TIM- not ROBIN. FACEPALM HAHA. I'm not going to change it, so that you guys can laugh at my mistake if you notice it haha. :D
-*-

"So the plan is to break in, make as little noise as possible, and fan out to find him," Damian announced slyly, moving through the shadows around the side of the house.

Tim wanted to slap the back of his baby brother's head clean off his shoulders. Of anyone here to think they're the boss, of course it'd be Damian.

Batman grabbed both kids and drew them deeper into the shadows beside him. Neither appreciated this move, least of the youngest.

The bat knelt down and grabbed one of each of their shoulders and kept his eyes on the lookout as he explained, "We go in. We don't split up, not until I say so. Make sure the kid is alone, keep him safe and away from the father. If need be in drastic measures, we'll use him to save Nightwing. Damian, you're staying with the kid, make sure he doesn't make a run for it or, worse, tries to get to his father in his obliviousness."

Damian nodded stiffly. He didn't seem to agree with the plan, but at least he had a part in saving his brother. At least he was going to cooperate. Or so Tim thought.

Batman then turned to Tim- keeping his other hand firmly clamped on Damian's shoulder still, just in case -and he nodded to the older boy, "You and I are going to find Bance- together. You are not to do anything unless I give you the go- and that goes for you too," he said, ending when he turned to look at Damian.

Both kids nodded and let out their agreements verbally. Then the team moved out, up toward the house. They opened the door.

-*-

"This didn't go as planned," Tim grumbled, sitting on top of a boy who, seconds ago, had been at the top of the stairs in tap dance shoes and tried to make a run for the basement. Tim, using some quick thinking and problem solving strategies, shoved Damian out of the way and made a beeline straight for the kid who was jumping over the low railing. They both crashed to the floor in a heap, Tim on top of the boy. Success?

Damian, in turn, found his job was being filled by his brother now, and in the process of him having fallen over, he found himself beside a low-rise coffee table in the living room. Stuck on the bottom side of the table was a shiny weapon that Damian was surprised to find with a kid in the house. He reached underneath the table and, finding Batman occupied in surveying the rest of the house, unlatched the pistol from its spot.

"You can't keep me here! I want my dad! He's gonna get you guys! He's gonna sue you! He's done it plenty a time before! You're gon- MMPH!"

Tim had a gloved hand over the boy's mouth, and he rolled his eyes, "Yeah I'd like you to sue us. See what happens."

"Robin," Batman said harshly, looking down at the pair of boys. Tim dropped his head and nodded, closing his mouth for the time being.

"He was going for the basement. Perfect place to hide someone," Damian announced, popping up off the floor and dusting himself off. Batman nodded.

"Alright. Tim, keep an eye on him. Don't let him out of your sight-"

"Markus? Is that you?" A female voice from the other room had the team rethinking the entire plan in seconds.