~ The Bite - Part 3 ~

(AuthorNote)
Sorry for the long wait! Here's the final part! <3

I really hope you guys like this, because I kind of binge wrote the whole thing over Christmas Eve and I'm actually quite pleased with how it came out.

Word count: 4600 (counting this A/N)

Enjoy!

Also...

MERRY CHRISTMAS MY BEAUTIFUL READERS! LOVE Y'ALL!!

- The Bite ~ 3 -

"I don't know what to do," M'gann whispered, pacing back and forth in the kitchen. Her shoes clomping amongst the tiles distracted them from the thoughts of what they had seen just mere hours ago.

The rest of the team didn't dare turn and look into the living room to their left, for the sight that lay was far too supernatural. The shaking form of a once calculated and stoic leader was sitting on the couch and in the dim light he was nearly unrecognizable. Wally sat beside him, shaking as well, but trying to console the trembling body.

Richard hasn't said a thing since they brought him back to the mountain. They didn't tell Batman what the issue was, but he heard the gist of it from an aggravated Connor who didn't like being lied to. So, upon hearing this, the big man himself told the team to go back to the mountain, regroup, and he'd come in sooner or later to tell them of his opinion on the subject.

Since they had seen the graphic image of a vampirish Nightwing, the team had not yet spoken of the issue either, for good reason. Because if they had, especially in front of the subject in which they talked, well, I think we all know what would've happened- or at least maybe we don't want to know what could've happened.

Superboy put his hand to his nose and pinched the bridge in irritation, anger overcoming him for the moment.

"Why didn't he tell us?" He said through gritted teeth. His annoyance came off in waves, but the team just took a step back and continued in their own process of overcoming this new problem.

Tim began walking towards the room, but his feet held him in place after a single step. He couldn't help but turn back, utter some sort of guttural sound, and then walk back toward the group. Then the process would repeat, and many a time Impulse would move to stop him when he started making it too far toward his brother. They knew it was too soon for the two brothers, for now, to see each other with the way Dick was at the moment.

M'gann continued her pacing, sometimes unconsciously reaching for something to snack on or for an empty cup, but then she'd think back on the idea, and retreat back into the ceaseless clomping of shoes against tile.

"Maybe... maybe he didn't tell us because... he's had this all of his life and it's something normal to him? Something he's gotten good at covering up? Maybe he's always been this way and we just never noticed."

Everyone looked to Blue Beetle, and he crossed his arms in defiance at their skeptical expressions. Obviously, no one believed that. Superboy took a step toward him in irritation, throwing his arm up to point at the shaky vampire in the other room.

"Does that look like something he's lived with all his life? He's shaking like he's got hypothermia, Jamie!"

M'gann stopped pacing to stick her hand between the two teammates in a silent peace offering. Beetle put his hands up in a way of backing off while Connor just snorted, turning to look at the scene. It was Garfield who spoke up next. Cautiously.

"Hey, maybe Beetle's right-" Connor growled and turned towards the green teammate, hands balling up into fists. Beast Boy's hands flew up, ready for both a fight and in a way of telling the other man to wait for him to finish, "all I'm saying is that maybe he's right. It looks to me like maybe he's had it all his life and just today is when he's shown it for us to see, and that could be why he's shaking like a leaf."