Happier

"Hey yeah, I'm at 29th and park right now. Yep it's almost done,what? of coarse I did it. Look just don't worry about it everything will turn out just fine,ok bye i'll see you."

"just this?" the sailsman asked me.

"yeah, Thank you." I paid the sailsman and took the pack of balloons.

Me and my close friends decided to throw a surprise party for our friend hannah who was turning 23 tomorrow.My other friend Emily who made the plan each gave us a task on what to do. I was decorations, whilst everything was almost done I haven't really started on the grand decoration which were golden transparent balloons and in the inside of each balloon was a small piece of paper which told the things we liked about her and our favorite memories with her. It was a pretty good idea we all brain stormed on it, problem is it won't make itself . The only reason is was because I was busy with work, Which was a Shit lie I had to tell myself for simply I just procrastinated alot. Wow being honest with yourself and pointing out your own mistakes does feel liberating.

"Oh shit." I swore getting my foot stepped on by some lady who was in an obvious rush.

"Hey Watch It!" I shouted although now too far away for her to hear.

As soon as she disappeared turning a left, a familiar figure appeared from a distance. A tall brunette laughing so hard her eyes almost started to close. Kendall.

It's been only a month without seeing each other but It almost felt like a year or even more, Yet here she is now just across the street looking like her lively self. Everything felt surreal and nostalgic but at the same time I felt this tension from my self, although from my facial expression I was mostly surprised and happy to see her.

Being caught up from my own thoughts I failed to notice that she was calling my name and walking towards me.

"Y/N! Hey its me" kendall half shouted walking towards me while waving at me.

"Kendall what are the odds?" I said genuinely smiling.

We pulled In for a hug, I caught a slight sniff of her scent. I miss you, and everything you arrived and left with" .

We pulled apart and now I fully saw her, she looked the same although something about her was different that I couldn't point out.

"How are you?" She asked.

"I'm alright, how about you?"

Generally I'm fine, without you well... lonely.

"I'm actually great, been busy the past few days but never been better" she said with a earnest smile.

"Oh that's great, what have you been up too these past fe-

"There you are! I was wondering where you went" a tall man with the biggest smile on his face said while putting his hand gently on her back.

"Oh yeah sorry I bumped into a friend, Matt this is Y/N one of the Sweetest people on the planet." She gestured towards me with a proud smile.

"Hi I'm Matt, pleasure to meet you." he said smiling while offering his hand.

"Y/n" I said almost like a whisper.

I shook his hand and Kendall began to tell the story of how we met. Of course leaving out the parts that we dated and mentioned me only as one of her closest friends.

"Wow you two go way back." Matt said

"yeah we do" Kendall said with a smile

"But how come I never heard about you before?" he asked

And this time Kendall didn't have an answer to that seeing from her facial expression so I spoke up,"because we became so busy the we haven't kept in touch for a while now." seeing Kendall's expression quickly change I could see she felt guilty and slightly disappointed. We told each other that we would stay close and at least catch up from time to time, after the week we broke up we stopped all communication from each other. I Know deep down we didn't mean too but keeping in touch and staying close friends just didn't work out from everyone, I regret not at least calling or texting her but I kept asking myself if she still wanted me in her life. If she did she would've tried to.

"Well it's been great seeing you again Kendall and it was nice meeting you too Matt, but I've got places to be." I said with a Honest smile. I didn't see the point of trying to be part of each other's lives again, because if it didn't work out before then what would be the chances it would work now?

"Well ok, but we better catch up alright?"Kendall said.

"Yeah sure, I'm fine it." kendall starred into my eyes for a split second, her brown orbs burning through mine, her stare so fiery she easily opened the window to my soul trying to find the truth, she almost didn't believe me nor did I believe myself to be honest.

"ken we better get going if you want to catch that movie."Matt said with a chuckle slowly pulling Kendall back into reality. The one where he's a part of it.

"what? oh yeah the movie, oh gosh I almost forgot." Kendall said chuckling .

"bye" She pulled me in for another hug a really warm embrace that I almost didn't want to let go of her. Sadly she pulled away and began walking while waving goodbye at me, catching a small whiff off her scent that I have missed oh so much.

"See ya around Y/N" Matt said with a smile while waving away.

"See you." I said again almost like a whisper.

It had gotten dark out almost too quickly the sun now nowhere to be seen. I stood there looking at them walking away hearing their loud laughter erupt from the quiet street of New York. Now I could see what was so different of her that I could't point out before she was just simply without me, happier.

Inspired by Ed sheeran :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey there!

Wow took me long enough, sorry I just needed a break. Luckily I found motivation and inspiration, so expect some different BETTER content from me.

As per usual I hoped that you liked it and that hopefully it made sense to you as most likely it did for me.

Thank you for all the votes! It means so much, honestly.

This note was quiet long, so COMMENT, VOTE OR ADD IT TO YOUR LIBRARY.

And don't forget to pm me or if you would like to request smth, I don't mind. And I would love to hear from you guys.

-anne