Bewitched (Part 3)

Tiffany could barely sleep that night. The world had become such a noisy place that she kept jerking up every fifteen minutes or so.

She was afraid that every passing footstep or car she heard meant burglars so she stayed alert because the last thing she wanted was to have something bad happen to this nice woman who took her in.

Taeyeon woke up a few times too, during the night. She saw the dog with her head and ears up and would mumble comforting words while stroking her fur, telling her to go back to sleep.

When Taeyeon's alarm rang, Tiffany was already trying to wake Taeyeon up, pawing her arm then her face when the woman didn't move an inch.

"Yah! Wake up and turn off your noisy alarm! Then put me down! I need to pee!"

Bark. Bark. Bark. Bark.

Taeyeon groaned and finally opened her eyes. "Why are you so noisy?" she mumbled before frowning. "What are you doing?" she asked when she saw black covering most of her vision. She reached up, pulled the paw off her forehead and couldn't help but laugh when the dog tried to place her paw on her cheek next. "Okay okay. I'm up!"

She stretched then pushed herself up, turning to switch the noisy alarm off.

"Thank goodness! Now let me down! I need to pee!"

Bark. Bark.

Taeyeon saw the black dog perched on the edge of the bed, looking down at the floor. "Go ahead and jump down," she said.

"Are you crazy, woman?! Do you want me to break a leg or something?!"

Bark. Bark.

"Come on. Try. It's not that high."

"I'm not a cat! I can't always land on my feet, you know. I'm not used to having four legs instead of two," Tiffany barked again.

"Oh alright." Taeyeon finally lifted Tiffany and set her on the floor.

The dog ran out of the room towards the bathroom, followed by Taeyeon.

"Ah. You wanted to go to the toilet," said Taeyeon in understanding when she saw the dog disappear inside her bathroom. She also went inside and saw the dog squatting near the drain.

"Yah! Give me some privacy, will ya?!" Tiffany wanted to cover herself up but it was difficult considering her lack of hands. She almost lost her balance when she tried to lift her front paws so she just backed up further, hoping that the toilet bowl would obscure Taeyeon's vision.

"Why are you barking now?" asked Taeyeon as she took her toothbrush from the holder and began brushing her teeth. "It's too early, Ginger. Please be quiet or our neighbors will be furious."

Tiffany quieted down at the mention of her new name. It felt strange to be called 'Ginger' but she had no choice on the matter, unfortunately.

She let out a quiet sigh, finished her business then walked out of the bathroom to give Taeyeon a chance to shower.

She waited near her empty food bowl after drinking from her water.

When Taeyeon emerged with wet hair, wearing just an oversized shirt, Tiffany had to look away because she could see up that shirt from where she was sitting.

Dear lord, woman. Put on some pants, will ya?! You have company!

"Hungry?"

She heard Taeyeon say and noticed her squatting near her from the corner of her eye.