Bewitched (Part 7)

They stayed up all night that Saturday night and continued working all through Sunday. Both took turns napping on the couch to recharge their energy as they pushed to get the dress done on time.

Tiffany told Key to go home when the clock struck five in the afternoon.

"And leave you stressing alone? No way," said the young man.

"You look like a wreck."

"So do you but we're pretty people so our worst states are still better than some people's bests."

Tiffany laughed despite her exhaustion. "Wow. Such arrogance."

"I'm sleep deprived, Noona. Humor me."

"Okay okay. You're a pretty wreck."

"Thank you," said Key.

"Thank you, too."

"For what?"

"For staying and helping," said Tiffany.

Key shrugged as he continued working. "It's the least I can do."

Tiffany smiled to herself and secretly thanked the witch for letting her see the error of her ways.

Luckily, it only took them another couple of hours to finish the dress.

"Oh my god," Key threw himself on the couch when they were done. "That must be a record. A dress in 24 hours." He closed his eyes and sighed. "I think I'll just sleep here."

"Don't be crazy. Go home and get some proper sleep. Do you need a lift?"

Key shook his head. "Someone's picking me up," he said as he took out his phone and began typing.

"Okay then." Tiffany started cleaning up but gave up halfway, feeling too exhausted to even pick up a scissor. She decided to let her staff clean up tomorrow and reward them with food or something. "I'm gonna get going. I should drive now before I fall asleep," she told Key.

"Be careful, Noona. I'll lock up here. He's on his way over."

"Alright then. Thanks again. I'll see you Wednesday."

"Sure. By the way," Key stopped Tiffany from walking out the door. "Were you serious about meeting my friends?"

"Maybe. Why?"

"Well, I just thought... um..." He exhaled. "Never mind. Let's talk about this when we're both fully awake."

"Good idea." Tiffany waved goodbye. "Bye, Key. Thanks again."

"You're welcome, Noona."

—-

Tiffany had texted her staff about Key's leave and that she would come in a bit late for work that Monday. She also apologized for the mess, asked them to kindly clean it up and promised to reward them for it.

She arrived at the office shortly before lunch and treated everyone to boxes of pizza, chicken and drinks.

Some asked whether it was her birthday or whether there was something to celebrate. When she told them that it was simply their reward for helping her clean up the messy workshop, her staff began staring at her as if she wasn't in her right mind. One actually, hesitantly, asked whether she was feeling okay.

Tiffany just smiled, told them to enjoy and went inside her office with mixed feelings. She was happy to see them happy but she also felt bad. Their astonishment at her gesture proved that the witch was indeed absolutely right. She wasn't a bad boss but she definitely wasn't a good one either.