Bewitched (Part 6)

Tiffany was now hiding under her blanket. So that's the smell. It's her. I should've known.

"Err... Can you describe your dog?" said Taeyeon to the woman hesitantly. This stranger could just be claiming to have lost a dog, for all she knew, and she wasn't going to give Ginger up that easily.

"She's a female toy poodle with black curly hair and a beautiful pair of deep dark brown eyes, almost black. She can be very loud and demanding but she's smart and really quite adorable once you get to know her. My driver was supposed to pick her up from the groomer's while running other errands last Monday but she ran off. I just checked my email and this designer I hired asked whether I lost a dog and I did," explained the tall woman. "He gave me your address. Sorry I didn't call first. I was too worried."

Taeyeon felt her heart break when she heard that. The description fit Tiffany to a tee. "Is this her?" she asked with a heavy heart, showing the dog in the carrier.

Tiffany wanted to get away when the blanket was pulled from over her but she couldn't. She whined and barked at the woman looking down at her, pleading for her to just go away and let her and Taeyeon be.

"What do you want now? I won't hesitate to bite you if you try to do something to Taeyeon!"

Bark. Bark. Bark. Bark.

"Easy there, Ginger." Taeyeon held the dog with one hand while stroking her fur with the other. She kept her close against herself, reluctant to let go.

Sooyoung looked into Tiffany's eyes and the latter could swear she heard the witch talk without seeing her move her lips.

Calm down, Tiffany. I'm not here to do anything to Taeyeon. Trust me. Just play along for now. You'll see. Don't you want to go back to being human?

"Why yes! This is her!" came out of the woman's mouth, directed at Taeyeon.

The witch opened her arms and accepted the dog that Taeyeon handed to her.

"Thank you, Miss... err..."

"Taeyeon. My name is Taeyeon."

"Thank you, Miss Taeyeon. I'm glad to see that Tiffany's being well taken care of," said Sooyoung as she held Tiffany, stroking her head with one hand. "I was very worried, you know."

Tiffany scoffed in her thoughts but didn't make a sound. Although she despised this woman holding her, she didn't dare do anything that might upset her. She didn't want to repeat that mistake.

"Ah. Her name's Tiffany?" Taeyeon asked, eyes never leaving the dog.

"Yes. What have you been calling her?"

"Ginger. Because she likes my Gingerbread man plushie a lot."

"Aw... that's cute. Anyway, I better get going. Thank you, Taeyeon. I'll make sure that you'll be rewarded handsomely for all you've done for my dog."

"No need. She's a nice girl and a great friend," said Taeyeon with a sad smile. She reached out and patted Tiffany's head. "Take care, Ginger. Or should I say, Tiffany. Come over and play with me sometime."

"We can surely arrange that. You can babysit her every now and then since I travel a lot," said Sooyoung.

"That'll be nice. I'll see you then, Tiffany." Taeyeon waved to the dog sadly.

Tiffany didn't like seeing Taeyeon look so sad. She wanted nothing but to jump out of this woman's arms and run to Taeyeon but she couldn't. Neither could she stop the tears that began flowing when she saw Taeyeon's glistening eyes.