Bewitched (Part 8)

It was officially the most excruciating weekend Tiffany had ever had. She wanted to ask Key for Taeyeon's number but she didn't want to come across as aggressive and chase Taeyeon away.

Besides, Sooyoung told her that she had to learn patience so she tried to do so in the hopes that it would somehow help both her and Taeyeon.

On Monday morning, however, she got an unexpected call from Yuri, asking whether she'd want to have lunch together later that day.

Tiffany was reluctant, at first, but she recalled Yuri saying that Taeyeon was her best friend and that they had known each other for a long time. It was enough to make her say yes to the invitation. She planned to get as much information about Taeyeon as possible from Yuri.

She made a point to arrive at the restaurant a few minutes late to give the impression that it was just a friendly lunch and she wasn't exactly eager to be there.

Yuri was waiting for Tiffany and started waving at her before the woman even stepped inside the restaurant.

"Hi!" greeted the tall woman cheerfully.

"Hi," replied Tiffany calmly as she took off her jacket and sat down. The weather had taken a sudden dip for the worse, signaling the premature end of fall. "Wow it's cold out," she said, making small talk.

"I know right? And it's only October! This is not normal. I wasn't even wearing jackets until today," said Yuri.

They ordered their food and talked about work for a bit before Tiffany slowly steered the conversation into the direction of Yuri's friends – starting with Key. She asked the woman how she met Key, how long she had known him then moved on to her primary target: Taeyeon.

"So you've known Taeyeon for a long time?"

Yuri nodded, sipping her drink. "Longer than I've known Key. I introduced the two, actually. I brought Taeng to the group since she was so timid."

"Timid?"

"Yeah. I've always known that we share the same preference but she kept denying it until I introduced her to Key and the group. She has become a lot more open since then, less timid, braver and just happier in general, I think."

Yuri paused to take a bite from her food.

"Have you two ever dated?" asked Tiffany.

Yuri almost spit the food out of her mouth. "Oh dear God! No!" she exclaimed, grabbing the napkin to wipe her mouth. She then laughed out loud. "We're just friends. Best friends. She's not my type nor am I hers. Dating her would feel like dating a relative. It's weird and... ew..." She grimaced.

Tiffany smiled, relieved to know that there was no history between Yuri and Taeyeon. "So she's not seeing anyone now?"

"Not that I know of."

"Who has she dated then? People from the group?"

Yuri nodded. "Among others, but I only know her last two exes. One was a friend of Key's. That didn't end well at all."

"How so?"

"Taeng got cheated on."

Tiffany winced. "Ouch."

"Wanna know what's worse? That wasn't the first time it has happened."

Tiffany raised her eyebrows. "People cheated on her multiple times?"

"Yeah. Unbelievable, those jerks. Taeng is one of the nicest people I know. She totally didn't deserve that. She even took back an ex once, after that evil woman came crying to her, apologizing, begging... even gave a speech about how much she loved Taeng and regretted what she'd done blah blah blah..." Yuri began to frown in anger at the thought of that incident.