Chapter Five: Wake Up Call

"Magro!"

"Skinny."

"Paffuto!"

"Plumpy"

His mother always called. Christian and Eric came running inside from playtime. He couldn't remember his mother but from the bits and pieces he knew about her she was gorgeous.

He dreamed that she was gorgeous. His father was a stern man from what he could remember. Christian lost his parents at a young age. He believes he was four or five. Dinner was always amazing at his house.

"Grazie mamma."

"Thank you, mom."

The boys would say before heading off to bathe. Their mother was always nice, reading them bedtime stories and tucking them in with kisses. Never would he forget that day would be the last day his mother ever said goodnight.

---

Christian woke up startled. His arms were tied behind him. This was occasional. His neck hurt and his memory was a haze. He would occasionally hear the boys cry to be soothed down by a soft voice.

He couldn't see anything around his except for a few dim spot lights that revealed nothing. Chris looked around to his aunt tied up too.

"Zia, stai male?"

"Auntie, are you hurt?"

"No il mio fiore, io non sono."

"No my love, I'm not."

She said her voice soft.

"Meno male."

"Thank god."

Christian said groaning as he turned his head. He tried tugging at the ropes but they seemed to burn him.

"That won't work, dear."

A soft voice said from above. Chris looked around. He has heard that voice before.

"What do you want?"

Chris asked tugging at the roped again. He groaned in pain.

"I don't want to hurt you. Stop pulling."

The voice said. Chris looked around to see nothing.

"What do you want?"

He asked again.

"That is for me to know and for you to find out."

Christian prayed Yasmin was safe. He wouldn't know what to do if they hurt her again. Christian tugged at the ropes again.

"When you disobey me, you must be punished."

The voice said sending shocks through his body. He groaned, his veins popping through his skin.

"Who are you?"

He asked heavily.

"My dearest paffuto, don't worry about who I am."

The voice said. Christian was confused, the name swarming through his head.

"My name is Christian."

He said shaking his head.

"I know exactly who you are."

The voice said with a hint of humor.