Chapter Eleven: What?!

Today would be the day Nina would finally get her results. She was dressed in a simple red dress that fell to her feet and white gladiators.

Yasmin was next to her in a navy blue dress that had flowers, brown ankle wedges and a brown leather jacket. Holding her hand was Jess dressed in a blue dress with gold pumps and a gold chain. Bright colors made Nina feel alive and forget about the tragedy she contained inside.

"Well Mrs. Gonzalez, I've got some news."

The doctor started. Nina looked up at the doctor and squeezed the girl's' hand.

"You've got about 5 months left."

He said his voice soft. Nina inhaled deeply and nodded.

"Thank you."

She said her voice faint. Nina slowly walked out the room and to the car leaving Jess and Yasmin behind. Jess and Yasmin were devastated.

"Doc, is there anyway you could've just shut the fuck up and not have told her?"

Yaz asked as she wiped her tear.

"Young lady you watch your mouth, you are talking to a doctor."

The doctor said. "And you're talking to a very important agent, so don't tell me to watch my goddamn mouth. I'll fucking curse at you all I want. How dare you say 'You've only got 5 months.' Do you not care? Do you now have the fucking decency to ease your way into things?"

Yaz yelled.

"Gritando no te vas a ayudar en esta situación mama. Venga."

"Yelling isn't going to help you in this situation. Come on."

Jess said softly as she pulled Yasmin behind her.

"I don't even want to know when, where, why or how, but now isn't the time to talk about your occupation."

She said softly as she stood in the elevator, watching the doors close.

"Está bien. Hablamos después."

"That's fine, we'll talk later."

Yasmin replied. Jess and Yasmin got out the elevator to see no car. Jess looked at Yasmin and panicked.

"Where's the car?"

Yaz asked nervously.

"Obviously not here."

Jess said in a panic as she looked around.

"Jess, you drive a red porsche right?"

Yasmin asked frozen.

"Yes? Why?"

Jess asked as she looked at Yasmin.

"I think- I think I found it."

Yaz said softly as a tear fell. Jess turned to look at what Yaz saw. Her stomach nearly turned inside out as a load of grief fell on to her chest like that 1000lb dumbbell in ACME.

Yasmin and Jess ran across the street to see her red porsche smashed into the side of a building. Nina laid lifeless in the car. Yasmin could hear sirens coming around the corner. Yasmin pulled Nina out the car and dragged her a few feet away.

Shallow breaths escaped from her nose. Yasmin felt for her pulse to see it faint.

"Oh my god, no Nina. Not now."

Yasmin said through her tears. She held her hand as the ambulance arrived. The medics ran out and carried Nina away in a gurney. Yasmin followed.

"Ma'am, you can't go in there."