9: The Chef's Just Desserts...

(A/N: Kinda filler, sorry ^^; uninspired, rip)

    Time was both much too slow and way too fast. The concept of time sort of vanished as more of it passed.
It was a blur, the next two weeks... Shuu was being about as productive as a washed-up popstar from the 90's.
Meaning: he hadn't been doing jack shit.

Quite the opposite, really. Avoiding his priorities, aiming to distract his mind as well as he could, all the while only wearing himself down even more. It was a rather nonbenificial waste of effort and resources.
Then again, what else could he do with himself and said resources?
Provide? For whom? He only need care for himself... that had proven difficult in the past, but he was a new man now.

    Perhaps less of a man than what he had been back then, however.

    Tsukiyama scoffed, clutching his head as he sat up and glanced around.
He was on a plush bed; clearly, he was inside of a hotel room.
Blinking sleep from his eyes, he shook off the initial feeling of disorient and achiness, then took to the realization that he had not been alone in bed.
Lying down just beside him was the pilot from the jet.

I didn't sleep with this person, did I!? He gave a start at the thought, rousing the other Ghoul from rest.

The fear must have been written all over Shuu's face. "No, we didn't have sex." He was told flatly.
"Not that—"
"No, no, I know." A small chuckle left the other person's lips, "You're such a fool for running from this sort of star-crossed love."
"I thought that it was always wise to evade things that causes one such despair...?" The Gourmet gazed at the lounging servant with a quirked brow.
"Yeah, but... what's the use in evading something if you'll be even more miserable without it...?"

    That was a fair point, he supposed.

"True, although it's unrequited... it's a bit of a predicament..."
"Which is worse...? Not having his love, or not having his company?"
"Well, I don't want h– wait, how did you—"
"Shhh, shush." The other person sat up, yawning.
Gender was still questionable.
That wasn't relevant.
"I just know these things." They said.

"Now, would you rather leave and not know of his condition, or be at his side to provide even if he doesn't return it?
"If the love is truly unconditional, that's what you would likely want."
"It's not that simple, Kar— er..."
Blinking, the servant said: "Fuzen."

Fuzen? Doesn't that mean sin?

As if to say Yes, the Ghoul gave a mischievous smirk.
That drew the devil horns right where they belonged, he supposed.

"Ah, yes, Fuzen-san it is, then." Shuu stated.
A light, seemingly rare and genuine smile touched the other's face, before fading into a bit of a concerned pursing of the lips. "You should weigh your options more seriously." The androgynous creature told him with a creased brow, "Don't make a decision that you'll regret." Elegantly, the servant flopped out of bed and slithered into the bathroom, shivering with cold from exposure. A tank top and shorts were reasonable when under several layers of duvet covers and blanketing, but in the open air...
Tsukiyama shuddered upon realising that he would be following suit soon.

Brrr...

The servant had collected their things efficiently, and was out of the bathroom and dressed within ten minutes.
Shuu, on the other hand, had groggily stumbled to the restroom and spent ten minutes trying to button his shirt. He felt like a child.
He soon traded the button-up for a sweater.
Yawning a mighty yawn, he shuddered, stretching his arms to adjust the sleeves of his top. Swiftly, he threw the rest of his outfit together and jogged out to the car that was awaiting him.

"Fuzen-san?" He inquired, hopping into the back seat.
"Mhm?" The familiar, nonchalant, far-too-comfortable tone met his ears.
"Just wondering..." The Koukaku huffed.
"You're right to." Said Fuzen, "We're parting ways at our next destination."
"What? Why?"

The chauffer shrugged, hands gliding across the steering wheel confidently.
"You're done borrowing me, Shuu-sama." They stated, "You'll be given a phone, a set of keys, your luggage, and you're on your own at that point."
"Has it been three weeks already?"
"Longer."

Shuu fell silent.
"Well..." He said after a moment, "I've enjoyed your company, Fuze-san."
"Nickname?" Fuzen's tone was airy and humourous, "I've had a good time away from my Goshjin-sama this few weeks." They murmured, "Thank you for the honour, Shuu-sama."
"Please..."

A comfortable silence remained the rest of their journey, and they parted with bows, and a handshake.

"Enjoy your time away." Fuzen said, "And, I truly hope your way finds you soon."
"I'm sure it will." Shuu replied, releasing the hold.
He was given keys and an address card.
"Your fees are good for this month's down payment."

Another set of goodbyes, then Fuzen left him.
Tsukiyama had never felt so utterly alone after that.