17: Return

A/N: This wasn't proofread. At all. Oops.
Oh well~
As always, this chapter is dedicated to my dear friend, WritersDoodles
As well as all of my dear consistent readers. Don't think you're ever without notice. I'm very thankful for all of your love and support, and will be sure to acknowledge all of your comments as they come in.

Final chapters are upcoming soon… the next one is that scene you've all been looking forward to so passionately, haha~

Enjoy! ♡

———

Tsukiyama scowled for the umpteenth time today, this time at his reflection in the window of the jet. They were landing, and Shuu was not remotely pleased with his appearance. He looked... gaunt.

He began to speak but quickly interrupted himself, "Is there—food!" Exclaimed Shuu, his eyes sparkling at the package being handed to him.
"Yes, Shuu-sama. Food." Fuzen said slowly, as if they were speaking to a child. "You eat it. Like aaa-"
Shuu held up an annoyed hand as he broke open the wrap of meat, "Okay, fuck off, I'm slow, we get it. That bit isn't funny anymore." He scoffed.
"Ouch, might wanna check the attitude before we get to Kaneki." Fuzen suggested loudly, picking at their ear with a pinky.
"Do I know y-" Was all Shuu could manage to say before Fuzen was hopping directly out of the plane, which was supposedly—hopefully!—already on the ground.

Shuu really needed a background search on this Fuzen Ghoul.

Chomping down his meal mid-stride, he trudged out of the jet, landing hard on the ground which had been a good few hundred feet below him a moment ago.
He adjusted his sweater sleeves—carefully maneuvering his food so as not to stain it with blood—while looking around suspiciously before he picked his way to the fence that surrounded the abandoned landing strip they'd used, then he gazed up at it with another annoyed facial expression.

Fuzen really wanted to slap the dumb look off his face, and they would have if it weren't for the fact that Tsukiyama's face is just that powerful.

It didn't want to be slapped, and so it wouldn't.

"We're headed southwest." Said the androgen, "On foot it shouldn't take us but half an hour, with our physiology." Fuzen then idly threw their bangs back, "Of course that's definitely not either of our style, so I'm gonna go find a car to hijack. I'll meet you back here soon."

With that, the Ghoul stalked off, leaving Shuu munching on his meat wordlessly. His foot tapped impatiently at the concrete, worrying an indention to the ground there with how forcibly he was stomping downwards.
He chomped away at his food, shocked and appalled by the quality of the cut, seeing as it had been selected by someone that wasn't The Gourmet himself. It was very good.

He'd scarcely had enough time to finish whenever catching sight of a vehicle barrelling towards him, dust clouding up behind it. The brakes squeaked something god awful before the poor beat up pick-up truck screeched to a stop merely inches from Tsukiyama's own standing area.

"Don't look at me like that. Get in." Was all the other Ghoul snapped.
"Alright, alright." Shuu waved his hand dismissively, crumpling up the package that had been given to him now that the remnants of his meal were hereby gone entirely, then wrestled open the door before clambering inside right next to Fuzen.

"So, was it any good?" Asked the petite Ghoul, supposedly in regards to the food.
"Impressively so, yes." Tsukiyama nodded, giving a small smile in response.