The Aftermath

Hey guys. So, the votes are finished and I'm ready to start writing again.
Enjoy

   Nick was in the hospital for a few days after he woke up from his coma. His shoulder was broken so he would wear a sling for a while, meaning no field work. His collapsed lung was easy to fix with a small surgery, and there was no brain damage. The fox was looking foward to just going back to his apartment and chilling out with Sammy.
   However, he knew that wouldn't be the case. His apartment was still distroied and he couldn't do much about it due to the shoulder.
   "You ready to go?" Judy asked as Nicl was sitting up wearing his signature outfit. Brown jeans and green hawian shirt.
   "Yeah," Nicl said with a smile,"Where is Sammy?"
   "She is waiting in the car," Judy answered.
   Nick nodded his head and walked out to the car beside Judy.
   "Welcome back to the outside world," Samantha said with a smile when she saw Nick.
   "The sun," Nicl joked,"It is blinding me."
   Judy and Samantha had laughed a little and they all got in Judy's car.
   As they were drv8ng, Nicl took a glance out the window and noticed that they were going a diferent way,"Carrots, where are going?"
   Judy smiled toward the fox,"It's a surprise."
   Nick raised a brow and continued to watch the highway, trying to figure out were they were going. Suddenly, Judy stopped in front of a house.
   "Where are we?" Nick asked.
   Judy smiled,"Walk to the front door, Slick. Your answer is there."
   Nick got out of the car and slowly went to the door where he saw a note with his name on it.
   The fox picked in up and read what it had said.

Nick Wilde,
    You live in an apartment with two bedrooms and a bathroom down the hall. Your kitchen is barely enough room to turn around and your living room is only large enough for a couch.
   We have taken this into concideration ever sense you had adopted your sister.
   You need a bigger home and we are more than happy to help you. Everyone has pitched in to help you with this.
   The key will be given to you by Judy, and inside is all the furnature that was not distroied in your apartment, and more furniture that was bought with the money we had left.
   Concider it as a thank you for your service to the city of Zootopia.
                             Good luck,
   Judy Hopps, ZPD, and your friends

   Nick had wide eyes as he looked at the home. He was about in tears to know that so many mammals actually cared this much about him. The fox suddenly ran to the car where Judy was waiting and grabbed her in a large hug.
   "Thank you," Nick saod,"I love you so much."
   Jidy smiled as she held the fox,"I love you too. That is why I did it."
   "So, we have a house now," Sammy said with a smile.
   Judy then said,"Also, Nick, there is another thing I managed to get for you."
   The bunny reached into the glove box of her car and pulled out Nicks gun that goerge took.
   "I got your gun back."
   Nick took the pistol with hesitation and examined it,"How?"
   "It's your gun."
   Nick smiled and said,"How about we take a look at this house here?"
   Judy and Samantha nodded their heads and the three mammals went into the house.
   Nick was beyond shocked,"This is...my home?"
   "Do you like it?" Judy asked.
   "I love it," Nick saod giving Judy a kiss.
   "Already found my room," Samantha in joy from upstairs causing Nick and Judy to laugh a little.
   "Well, I should go. Bogo wanted me to write up a report. I'll come back later."
   Nick nodded his head as Judy walked out of the house.
   The fox then looked around the living room and saw a hole in the wall. Apartently, the previous owners of the house must have made it. If it had been another mammal, the hole would be a curse and would be fixed emidiatly. However, Nick wasn't a normal mammal. He smiled at the hole and walked toward. Taking a large enough picture off the wall and hanging it on the wall in front of the hole. The hole was completely covered, so, the fox took the picture down one more time and put the gun inside of the hole. The perfect hiding spot.
###
   Nick and Samantha sat at the kitchen table munching on some pizza Nick had gotten.
   The two were quiet until Samantha broke the silence.
   "Nick," The vixen started,"Do you know your dad?"
   The question took Nick off guard. He wasn't sure what would cause her to ask this question, but something told him it ad something to do with her dad and what he had done to her,"No. He walked out of my life similar to yours. Why do you ask?"
   Samantha looked down a little,"I was just..thinking about what it would be like to have a...whole family."
   "Sammy, I understand where you are coming from. I know I was never there and I will admit that. I regret it every single day. However, I did love mom. It was her and Judy who helped me become who I am today. They both believed I could be more than a streiotypical fox. I was the idiot who never belived them," Nick said,"I promise you, Sammy, me and Judy may not be your parents, but I will see to it that we make it as a family."
   Samantha smiled and said,"What about when you have your own kits?"
   Nicks eyes went wide,"We are not talking about that right now."
   Samantha laughed a little and said,"For real though. Do you want kits?"
   "I do, in the future."
   "Well, the first time we met I know I always tried to tear to down and I gave you no reason to show me with any respect, and still you always treated me well. You always tried to make me happy. You never let me down, Nick. If you treat your future kits like that, there is no doubt in my mind that you will be the best dad ever. Better than the dad's we never had."
   Nick smiled widely to his sister and got up to give her a hug,"Sammy, you are a good kit. I want you to know that I love you so much, and I will never let anything bad happen to you."
   Samantha smile as she returned the hug.
   The two were a little surprised to hear the sound of the camera. They both raised their head quickly and saw Judy with a camera,"Hey," the bunny said with a smile,"This picture is defiantly being framed."

AN-I have been working on this chapter a whole week. Damn it took a while. Maybe the future chapters will be easier. Anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. I really did. The next chapter will be good. Hopefully. Anyway guys, that is all I got for now. Till next time....
                               Toodles