An Encounter

You walked into your apartment with a heavy sigh an flopped on your bed. It's been a year since you turned 17, moved to New York and, still can't get over how much school, people, and working sucks. Thinking about it made you want to just stay in your apartment forever. You smile at the thought of it just being you, your laptop, a cup of hot chocolate, and Wattpad.

The sound of your stomach growling caused your thoughts to dissipate. You lazily remove yourself from your bed and open the fridge. You were not surprised at the enormous pile of nothing that was in your fridge.

Angrily slamming the fridge door you grab your (purse/wallet), slip on some shoes, and start to rush to a convenience store. You knew it was getting late but food is always worth it. Arriving to the store you grab a (favorite snack bar), and some instant-ramen noodles. You paid quickly and started to make your way back home.

The sun had already set, and the streets were deserted. You got a little nervous but just continued to walk picking up the pace a little bit. You were almost to your home when a hand grabbed your arm pulling you into an alley. You felt your bag of groceries drop beside you as, your back was pressed to the brick wall forcibly. Not a second later a hand covered your mouth to muffle any sound you make.

"What's a pretty lady like you doing out so late?"

You looked at the man holding you hostage and saw a tattoo on his arm. Instantly recognizing it you figure that the man was a member of the purple dragons.

"Wow for a pretty girl, you sure are dumb to walk home this late in the night."

You felt your stomach growl in hunger and rolled your eyes at the man then swiftly kick him in the shin and then kick him onto the other side of the alley wall.

"Sorry, but, this pretty lady has got food that needs to be eaten."

You pick up your food and were about to sprint home when about ten more guys appeared blocking the way. As the guys rushed to attack you, you raised a finger signalling for them to wait. All three of them stopped in place and watched as you gently placed your food on the wall and walked back to them. Clapping your hands you smile.

"Okay now I'm ready!"

Three of them come at once, One from the front, and your two sides. Jumping you allow them all to crash into each knocking themselves out.  Snickering you begin to face your next opponents. Kicking, punching, and throwing one by one. You were almost finished when you hear a guy yell while running at you from the back. You tried spin around but your fist were preoccupied with holding a punch from a man 2x your size. You immediately braced yourself for a pain that never came.

Looking back you see that the guy who was running at you was down out cold on the ground. Then you realized the guy you were holding back was down too. You were about to get your food when you felt a presence behind you. Instantly thinking the worse you jump and aim for a kick to the head but kicked nothing. You landed and looked around the alleyway. Your eyes stopped when you noticed a large figure in the dark.

Not wanting to waste anymore time you speak. "Thank you for helping me but, you know it'd be great to see the face of my assistant."

"You're welcome but I'm afraid I can't do that." 

"Oh and why not?" You take a step forward trying to see the figure.

"Trust me, you'll probably just freak out and run away."

"Well, how can I trust you when you won't even show me your face? I promise I won't run. Or freak out."

The figure went silent for a minute and you figured he left. Turning around from the alleyway you walked and bumped into a hard surface, falling onto your bottom.  

"Sorry about that miss."

You see a rather large green hand come into view and hesitantly grab it to help yourself up. You feel your breath hitch as you came face to face with  a... turtle in a blue mask? Slightly confused you still smile at him.

"Don't worry about it. Thanks for helping me out by the way."

Rubbing the back of his neck he responded with the same sincerity "Wow, you're actually not running away from me?"

"Why would I? You did assist me from being molested and mugged."

"Well most people see a giant green thing and instantly gun it, in the other direction." He said chuckling.

Laughing a little you smirk "Well, my turtle friend I am not like normal people."

"I'm Leonardo but you can call me Leo. Though, I don't remember catching a name?"

"I don't remember giving one out?" An idea popping into your head, you run to get your (purse/ wallet) and grocery bag from the wall. Smiling widely as you checked the bag to see the contents in perfect shape. Letting out a relieved sigh you walked back to the turtle. Taking out a marker from your pocket you extend your hand out.

"Give my your hand." You commanded.

The turtle complied and gave you his hand. You quickly wrote your number on his palm and began to walk off until you felt a hand grab your shoulder.

"Wait does that mean I'll see you again?"

Turning to the turtle you smile at him and wink. Leaving him to figure the answer to his own question. You hear cop siren in the distance and start to walk to your home, making it in before they arrived. You walked up to your apartment, dropping your groceries on the table, you once again flopped on the bed. Rotating your body to face the ceiling you think about that strange encounter you had.

"Leo huh?" You smile to no one in particular as you close your eyes. "We'll definitely see each other again."

Woohoo look she started another completely different story. I hope y'all like it and as always, wherever you are, good morning or good night...PEACE OUT!!!