커피 | Coffee

"And drop the 'Sir' til we're back in the office."
"If you insist.... Henry."
🍂🍂🍂🍂

"Ige mwoya? (What's this?)" The manager asked Hoseok about a rumor circulating the internet when they got back to Seoul.

He took the phone from the manager's hand and read the article:

"BTS J-Hope dating someone in USA"

"It's not a rumor."

"What?" The manager was shocked. He wasn't with them that day so he didn't know about it. "I thought it was clear that we don't want anything involving you and the members in any unnecessary news like this."

"Alayo (I know). Lily had them deleted the picture from their phone so there's no proof that it really happened. Besides, we're already engaged why can't I tell the world about it?" He's disheartened.

"This isn't just about you, Hoseok. BTS has 7 members. Think about the controversies you and your brothers might face if we release that to the public now. You still have a long way to go and we're not doing it for us. It's your dream."

Hoseok looks down contemplating on the things the manager told him. The manager looked at the other members who are at the living room with them at the moment.

"If you're going to date somebody and enter into a relationship, make sure you keep it to yourselves for now. And don't think that I don't have any idea of what's happening around here." He went out of the dorm, got into his car and pulled out of the driveway.

None of them are talking. Jungkook looked at Taehyung and the older brushed off Kookie's hair with a smile. Jin continued playing with his guitar Yoongi got up and went to his studio.

"Hyung!" Jimin said and followed Yoongi.

Namjoon came and saw the members' reaction, "What happened?" Nobody answered and they all continued what they were doing.

🍂🍂🍂🍂

"So how's your vacation?" Mr. Williams asked Lily while going over the papers she submitted to him. He was sitting on the edge of his table, just like how he usually do whenever he talks to other people.

"It was fine. I had fun ... until I actually had to do the revisions." She told him while waiting on him to sign the papers.

"I'm sorry. I know I should have let Annie do those things but I just can't afford to lose that client so I had to let the best one do it", he paused and looked at her, "and it's you."

She felt a little bit awkward but she didn't want to show it. They were both silent. He was reading the papers while glancing at her.

"Just sign the papers so I can leave!!!!" Her mind screams.

"This is good. I mean, a lot better than the previous one. I knew you'd be the perfect one to do this." He handed her the papers after signing it. "Thank you." He firmly said while looking straight into her eyes.

"Thank you too Sir."  She took the folder and dashed to the door. He stared at her until she's out of his office and smirked the moment he saw her talking to the other employees.

Henry Williams is a 35 year old executive in the ad agency where Lily works. The blue-eyed brunette bachelor is not just handsome but also smart. He is kind, loves joking around and is known as a chic magnet.

Some women in their department always tries to flirt with their boss and he tries very hard not to be rude towards these women almost offering themselves so he entertains them. Hell knows who he has slept with already. Lily doesn't really care and avoids being tagged as one of his women. She makes every transaction with him formal and "all work". Although she wears her engagement ring everyday, it seems like it never bothers Henry. He checks her out and tries to get her attention in a discrete manner.

"Down!" Lily yelled.

The one who just got in pressed the 'door open' button. She rushed to the elevator and saw that the man is her boss Henry Williams.

She went in, "Thank you", she said.

"Ground floor?" He asked.

"Yes Mr. Williams, thanks." She answered formally. Henry smiled from what he heard.

19th... 18th... 17th.... 12th... 6th... The elevator seems to take a lot of time today to get to the ground. 5th... 4th... 3rd... 2nd... Ding! The elevator door opened. Henry gestured his hand letting her get out first and he followed. He walked behind her which makes her feel like she's beeing stared at. She cannot assume though because it will make her sound probably funny.

Lily walked towards the door to the cafe in the same building as theirs. When she pushed the glass door, she noticed that he's still following her. Her brows furrowed and she felt annoyed since he's smirking. She tried to ignore him and waited in line while looking at the menu board.

"It's too hot to have a hot drink. Why don't you try some iced americano for a change?"

"Excuse me?" She said as she looked behind her.

"I always see you drinking hot coffee or maybe tea. I'm just wondering when are you gonna try something else." He said elaborating what he said a while ago.

"I'm sorry Sir but what I drink is none of your business."

"I know. I'm just worried about you. It's too hot why don't you try something iced?"

Lily is shocked that her boss is actually making a comment on what she likes to drink. She didn't notice that it's her turn.

"Here let me get something else for you. It's on me." He moved forward and ordered two iced coffees without even letting her talk. After he ordered, "come on". They moved to the side and waited for their order.

"You don't actually have to do that Mr. Williams."

"Henry. Just call me Henry when we're not in the office or talking about work." He smiled at her. His blue eyes actually look good on him, she told herself.

"I don't think I can Sir. It's actually not very polite for me to do that."

"I see politeness is something Asians are accustomed to, especially in addressing seniors at work. But you're living and working in New York now. So calling me by my name isn't actually a big deal, well at least to me."

The barista gave him his drinks and he thanked him. He handed her one of the coffees he ordered and a straw. "Here", he said. "And drop the 'Sir' til we're back in the office."

"If you insist.... Henry." She smiled but felt a bit awkward. They walked together back to the elevator and to their department. They haven't talked much but he has his ways to make her talk to him casually and it's a pretty good start.

🍂🍂🍂🍂

Hi fam! If you liked this chapter (and all the previous ones, I'd appreciate a 'vote'. Comments are also welcome ! 💚😊 Thank you for reading my story!