Chapter 10

I was wearing the cutest outfit I had with me. I wore soft pink dress with white thigh highs that had pastel pink bows on the top and small pink heels with a little buckle going over my foot.

"You look adorable," Frank said.

I giggled as we got to the top of the Eiffel Tower and I gasped. I looked over, all of Paris below me.

"Wow," I breathed.

Frank smiled, wrapping his arms around me from behind.

"We're really the only ones up here?" I asked.

"That's right, just us two above Paris," he said.

It was past one in the morning and the Eiffel Tower was now officially closed. All the places up here were closed but frank somehow got special permission to get us up here all alone.

"This is amazing," I said.

I looked over the edge, my heart racing from how high up we were.

"You scared?" He asked.

I shook my head and he kissed my cheek. I took some pictures before Frank spread out a blanket on the metal floor and opened the picnic basket. I giggled as he lit a candle and pulled out a radio that started playing soft French music.

"Come here," he said, patting the spot next to him.

I sat beside him and smiled. I thought that I might cry from just how downright happy I was.

"Daddy, this is amazing," I said.

Frank held my hand and grinned.

"I love you," he said.

"I love you too," I whispered.

I wrapped my arms around him tight and he chuckled. I was so happy, my heart was racing so fast. He pulled away and reached into the basket, bringing out little containers.

"Tarte tatin!" I exclaimed.

"I got it from a bakery that's, like, five stars so everything there is really good," he said. "I also brought some crѐme brûlée, mont blanc, peach melba and petit gâteau. And some wine, of course."

My stomach growled and he smiled.

"Oh, this all sounds so good," I said.

Frank got out two plates and stuffed them both with desserts. I ate happily, listening to the pretty French music.

"I can't believe we're here," I muttered. "I'm at the top of the Eiffel Tower eating fancy French desserts with the boyfriend that I love. This is what I dream about late at night before bed. This is my greatest fantasy."

Frank smiled and we were quiet for a moment.

"What's your greatest romantic fantasy?" I asked.

"Mine is...huh, I never really thought about it before," he said. "No, I know exactly what my fantasy is. Tuscany, Italy, it's one of the best places in the world to watch the stars. I would want to go to one of the pretty fields in Tuscany and lay out a blanket at night and lay with my love and just watch the stars all night long until we fell asleep under the beautiful night sky. It's absolutely gorgeous there, Gee, the sky is purple and the stars are so bright, it's like looking at the galaxy."

"That sounds really amazing," I said. "I wouldn't mind going there."

"Well good because I want to take you there," he said. "It's going to be sweet and quiet and romantic."

I smiled, the cinnamon tarte tatin filling my mouth.

"Oh my god, this is so good," I moaned.

He chuckled and I fed him a bite.