Chapter 12

I was strapped into the plane seat as we went down and I sobbed. When it hit the water a piece of metal flew over and hit my chest, stabbing me in the heart.

I woke up screaming, my body covered in sweat. Jamia hurried into my room and wrapped her arms around me. I cried into her shoulder as she held me tight, running her fingers through my hair and kissing my forehead.

"It's okay," she whispered. "It was just a dream, it wasn't real."

I looked around and saw I was back in my bedroom. I calmed down a bit, holding her tight. It's been two weeks since the plane and I've had nightmares every single night.

"Go to sleep, sweetheart," she whispered. "Get some rest."

I didn't really fall asleep completely but soon the sun was up. Jamia made us breakfast and I sat at the counter.

"Gee, have you talked to Frank about your nightmares?" She asked.

"No," I mumbled. "I don't want him to worry, he always seems to be worrying."

"He just wants you to be safe and happy," Jamia said.

"But he doesn't always seem to be worried about me," I said. "He always seems to be stressing out about something that's completely irrelevant to me but he doesn't tell me what it is and I don't know if I should ask or not."

"You two can't not tell each other stuff," she said. "Invite him over, you haven't seen him much since you got back from Paris."

I nodded and ate quickly. I went upstairs and called him.

"Daddy, c-can you come over for a little bit?" I asked.

"Yeah, Of course I can," he said. "I'll be there soon."

He hung up and I decided that I didn't want to change out of my pajamas. I stayed in my pink footy pajamas until Frank walked into the room. He gave me a kiss, laying down beside me on the bed.

"What's wrong, Baby?" He asked. "It looks like you've been crying."

"I've been having nightmares about the plane crash," I mumbled.

"Why didn't you tell me, Baby?" He asked.

I shrugged and he kissed my forehead.

"I don't want you getting scared," he said. "I wanna make you feel safe."

"Are you feeling better?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm all good," he said. "My arm was a little sore from the stitches but I'm all good now."

I gave him a kiss and he smiled.

"Do you wanna talk about your nightmares?" He asked.

"Well, I'm my dream we're on the plane again but your arm isn't over me so the metal stabs me in the heart," I mumbled.

"Baby, That didn't happen and it's not ever going to happen," he said.

I nodded softly and he gave me a kiss.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" He asked.

"You just always seem to be worrying," I said. "Especially about work too."

"I'm not worrying," he said. "It's just normal stress."

"Daddy, it's not really good for our relationship if you don't tell me everything," I said.

Frank sighed, running a hand down his face.

"It's really nothing," he said. "Just some arguments over prices."