Chapter 40

"I don't really feel like going out," I mumbled.

"Come on, it's Halloween," josh said. "You deserve to have some fun after everything that happened."

"Mikey is in the hospital and—"

"Mikey has been in the hospital for two months," he interrupted. "You going out and having some time to yourself won't make him worse."

I shrugged and he sat beside me.

"You can just get drunk if you'd like," he said.

"Fine, I will agree to that," I said.

"You've got your fake ID?" He asked.

I nodded and sighed.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"Bar hopping," he said. "Come on, I got little cat ears for you to wear too."

He handed me the black cat ears and I sighed.

"And we are gonna get dressed up super cute," Jamia said. "We'll look hot."

I blushed as she brought me upstairs. She handed me a little black leather skirt and I stared at it.

"Mia, I can't wear this," I said.

She still handed it to me and I put it on. I put on a white t-shirt and a bright red leather jacket. She put on a similar outfit and I giggled as I put the ears on. Getting dressed up did make me feel a little bit better, it made me feel more normal.

"Alright, it's just about time to go," she said. "And we are going to have lots of fun and forget about everything that's happened."

I nodded and we went out to a bar where I showed my fake ID.

"Alright, let's order some shots," Josh said.

I smiled and grabbed the shot glass that was handed me to, quickly gulping it down. It burned my throat and I coughed for a moment but loved it. We ordered more shots and danced for a bit before heading down to another bar.

"Okay, I want to get, like, a fruity drink," I said.

I was a little bit tipsy now as I ordered a strawberry daiquiri, sitting at the counter giggling.

"Is that Frank?" Jamia asked.

I looked over and saw Frank across the bar watching me. He sat alone with a glass of whiskey. His hair was grown out a bit and his beard was fuller. I frowned, stumbling as I walked across the room to him.

"A-are you following me?" I asked.

"I was already here when you walked in," he said.

"I-isn't it your birthday?" I asked. "Don't you usually have a costume party?"

"Didn't feel like celebrating," he mumbled.

"Aren't you supposed to get sober?" I asked.

"Drugs," He said. "Y-you didn't say anything about alcohol."

I stared at him for a moment, my heart pounding fast as I looked into his bright, sad green eyes.

"Oh my god, Gee, I love this song, let's go dance," Jamia said.

She held my hand and I giggled as she pulled me back to where Josh was. I saw Frank say something to the bartender before he left.

"Wait, I wanna finish my drink," I said.

I went back to the bar and drank happily.

"Can I have a whiskey on the rocks?" Josh asked, pulling out his wallet.