Chapter 31

Finally caught up with ao3, after this it gets exciting

~~

I woke up, the bed beside me empty. Ever since the party everything has been tense between us. I questioned him about the gun and he shot me down every time, leaving me with only more questions that I needed answers for. I know it's not abnormal for someone in the United States to own a gun but it still made me uneasy. I never liked guns and Frank never once told me he had one within our house.

I got up, slipping on a warm robe over my pajamas. I looked out the windows at the grass, which was silver with ice as it grew cold. I went downstairs and found Frank working in his office, still dressed in his pajamas. I frowned, watching the eyebrows furrow on his face as he looked at his computer screen.

"Breakfast is in the kitchen," he said.

I nodded, stepping inside to sit on his lap.

"I love you," I whispered. "I still do, don't forget that."

"I know, I love you too," he said.

"I'm just a little scared," I whispered. "I just don't like guns."

"I'm sorry, I should've told you," he said. "I don't like how it's been between us, you've been scared of me."

"I know, I'm still just worried," I said. "But I do miss you, I miss you a lot."

"Hey, I only pull that gun out for emergencies," he said. "I won't pull it out unless I need to. How's Jamia doing?"

"She's better but still just a little scared," I said. "Josh is with her, he's been staying the night at her place."

"That's good," he said.

"Let's go on a date," I said. "We can go tonight."

"No," he denied. "I wish I could but I have a business meeting to go to."

"At night?" I asked.

"It's the only time that they could arrange, they run on a tight schedule," he said. "We'll go out tomorrow," he said. "I'll take you to a nice restaurant and we'll go see a movie, how does that sound?"

"Really good, Daddy," I said.

Frank smiled, kissing my cheek.

"Go eat," he said. "Before it gets cold."

I nodded and headed off to the kitchen. I found omelettes waiting for me and ate happily, turning on the tv in the corner. I picked up my phone, sending a text to Jamia.

Gee: Hey, sweetheart, you doing alright?

Jamia: Better, still kind of see him every time I close my eyes but it's getting better and Josh really does help.

Gee: Tell me if you need anything at all. You can stay here if you'd like, I'm sure Frank wouldn't mind if you cuddled in bed with us.

Jamia: That's okay, I'm dealing with it but I'm gonna grab a shower now so I'm gonna go now, I'll call you later x

I sighed, setting down my phone. I finished eating and put my dishes into the dishwasher. I went upstairs, getting dressed into just a black t-shirt and a pair of grey sweatpants.  I looked at the time, knowing I should get started on a paper for my sociology class. I grabbed my laptop and started working. But after an hour I only had the first paragraph halfway done.

"What are you doing?" Frank asked when he walked in.

"Working on a paper," I muttered, laying back on the bed.