wicked ones

This night ain't for the holy man with the holy plan
For the promise land
This night we got the evil hand
And the evil hand gonn' raise the dead

Danny kept glancing at Steve while he drove, waiting for the right time to ask about the fresh scar on the top of his head. He kept making weird sounds with his lips which of course made Steve go insane a d he kept clearing his throat like he was about to start talking but every time he’d stop himself. Eventually He looked out of the window and sighed.

“so are we gonna talk about it?”
“talk about what?” asked Steve
“I don’t know the elephant in the room-"
“I don’t see an elephant” he shrugged
“you don’t?” wondered Danny and turned his gaze at him, he pointed at his scar “maybe its because you got hit in head so bad you’re going blind" he added louder “what happened did you hit your big ass head on a cupboard or something?” Steve gulped and kept his eyes on the street and his lips shield. Danny laughed “are you serious? You’re not gonna tell me what happened?”

“do you have to know everything? Will you collapse if you don’t know every little detail?”
“detail? You look like phantom of the opera without the mask and that’s a detail?”
“wha- I don’t look like phantom  of the opera" he complained in a high pitched voice “it’s a scar Danny- it’s just a tiny scar- would you stop being so overdramatic?”
“did Amelia do this to you?” Danny laughed at the thought “is that why you don’t wan a talk about it because you got your ass kicked by your girlfriend?”
“you're unbearable you know that?”

Danny shrugged “why don’t you get your own car then?”
“what?” he hissed, confused. “how is this about the car?”
“I’m just saying if you had your own car, drive by yourself, you wouldn’t have to deal with me-“
“why does everything, always, have to be about you and your car?”
“I don’t know, why do you, always, have drive my car?”
“you’re a drama queen, you know that?”
“and you’re a smug! are you gonna tell me what happened to your head now?”

Steve sighed and gripped tighter on the steering wheel “I met hunter last night-"
“hunter as in James-bond-wanna-be Hunter?”
“yes that one.”
“please tell me you didn’t kill him.”
Steve glanced at his partner “why would you say that?”
“you didn’t answer my question.”
“I’m not gonna answer your question! Your question is stupid!”
“so he hit you in the face but you didn’t throw a grenade at him?” he licked his lips “somehow I find that hard to believe.”
“we had a civil conversation-"

Danny cracked up, laughing like a kid on the passenger's seat “do you even know what a civil conversation means?”
“yes I do. Danny. Thank you very much. After we finished talking he decided to pay me back for the punch.”
“what were even talking about?”
“Matilda, Amelia- it doesn’t matter-"
“wait I thought you drove Amelia to Kono last night. Kono said you guys walked there in the rain-“
“we didn’t walk on the rain! He just- we made a minor stop and had some sort of argument.”
“in the rain?”
“yes in the rain, why do you have to repeat everything?”
“what was the argument about?”

Steve’s expression changed in seconds. He remembered the yelling and her words, the words he couldn’t give back. “I don’t wanna talk about that yet.”

“why?”
He looked so uncomfortable, like he was about to have a panic attack and Danny could even hear his heart beating. He never answered Danny’s question, he never said anything.

ADAMS SAFE HOUSE

“Kono was right you make the best coffee" said Adam while taking a seat next to her on the dining table. Amelia took her eyes of the computer only for a few seconds, smiling at him.
“I can’t live without it so I might as well learn how to make it the best way I can" she replied.