dance me to the end of love

Dance me to your beauty with a burning violin
Dance me through the panic 'til I'm gathered safely in
Lift me like an olive branch and be my homeward dove
And dance me to the end of love

The voices were like a slight buzz in her head that just wouldn’t go off. Ever since she came back to Hawaii her mind was unable to focus to anything. She had avoided seeing anyone but Kono the night that she arrived and now on this fine morning while they were doing her hair and makeup and she sat next to Kono and the rest of the bridesmaids, her mind kept wondering to the conversation she had with David, playing it on repeat over and over again. She had decided not to tell anybody until tomorrow, she didn’t want to ruin Kono’s day but the more silent she stayed, the more her thoughts troubled her and suffocated her-

“AMS!”

Amelia looked at her right in a start. Kono must have been calling her name for a while now because she seemed a little worried. Ams sat straighter in her chair, clearing her throat. “I’m sorry- I slipped away-"
“what is going on with you?”
“my favorite person in the world is getting married. It’s a little bit shocking.”
“I appreciate it, but we both know it’s not that.”
“it’s doesn’t matter what is Kono. Today is not the day.”
“is it Steve? Were you thinking about the wedding dress?”
“no, of course not. To be honest I had forgotten about that.” She smiled weakly at the thought.
“you promise you'll tell me tomorrow?”
“aren’t you supposed to go to a honeymoon tomorrow?”
“you can always call me if you need me.”
Amelia bit her lip, thinking “how long will you and Adam be away?”
“two weeks.” Kono smiled “you think you can survive without me?”
She shrugged and laughed “I guess we'll have to figure out.”
“things are about to change big time, aren’t they?”
She nodded her head and whispered “you have no idea.” Her whisper was low enough so Kono wouldn’t hear.

“do you know when your next trip is?”
Amelia looked at her friend with a bit of guilt in her eyes. Her next trip? Her last trip? That question was so simple and yet so hard to answer, she didn’t even know the answer. She used the best acting skills she had gotten over the years and shook her head “don’t know- hey do you need anything? I’m a little thirsty.”
“oh yes can you please go get me a coffee?”
“sure.” Amelia stood up and excused herself from the make-up artist. She sprinted out of the room to the hallway and shot the door, leaning against it like her life depended on it. Every time her phone would so much as buzz, she would get a heart attack, thinking that it was David sending her the GO message but she still hadn’t received anything and waiting was killing her.

“Ams?” that was chin, she’d recognize his voice anywhere. She opened her eyes and gave him one of her fake smiles. He seemed worried. “are you alright?”
“a little tired. I didn’t really sleep last night.” She changed the subject “how are the boys?”
“Danny is still trying to convince Adam to run away” he laughed “Adam is not listening to him, thankfully. Steve is not here yet actually, but he must come in a few minutes and I’m trying to deal with the fact that I’m giving Kono away to a Noshimuri.”
“still not over that?”
“it’s a process” he joked
“what about Grover?”
“he's getting ready with his family at his house, so he'll come straight to the ceremony. Where were you going?”
“bride wants coffee. So do I. Can I get you anything?”
“one coffee please and a sedative for Danny.”
Amelia laughed “I’ll get them to you as soon as possible.”
“thanks.” He smiled “Am I Allowed to see the bride?”
“yes go in. She’s in a good mood.”

Amelia patted him on the shoulder and walked away, following the way to the hotel bar. When she reached it thankfully no one else was there.

“three coffees please-" she stopped herself quickly “actually make it two coffees and one glass of the strongest wine you have.”
“you sure you wanna drink this early?” asked the barman
“do I look like the girl who chats with the barman.”
The barman laughed while he started the coffee machine “you like a bridesmaid drinking before the wedding of her best friend. That should be enough.” He reached for a bottle of wine and a glass, filling it. “so, what is it?” he asked handing her the glass “in love with the groom?”
“absolutely not!” she defended herself, taking the glass in her hands.
“jealous of the bride? Trust me in the 4 years I’ve done this job I’ve heard it all, there’s nothing you can tell me that will make me judge you.”