Chapter 4:

It’s been a week since we stayed at the park for 5 hours. Some were just sitting there others were us talking and laughing at silly stories of our past. We talked about how his mum is a business woman and travels a lot. And how he hasn’t seen her since last January. He said that he has a maid that comes to his house every Tuesday but other than that he is alone the rest of the time.

My mum doesn’t

Ask who he is or what we do when I get home from my outings with Michael. I think the huge smile on my face when I walk in the house told her that I was fine.

“Hey” Ashton said walking into my room.

“Hey Ash” I smiled putting my book aside

“Did you have fun with Michael yesterday?” he asked sitting beside me.

“Yeah I did, we went to the art museum.” I

Smiled looking at him.

“Aspen, I don’t want you to get hurt.” he said looking at the wall.

“Michael wouldn’t hurt me.” I said sitting up

“No I know, he is a great guy. But just you having cancer and dating” he stopped

“Were not dating. And if we were it wouldn’t be me you need to worry about. He isn’t the one dying” practically yelled

“Don’t say that! You aren’t dying Aspen! You aren’t!” he said looking at me on the verge of tears.

I calmed down at his mood change. I scooted over and hugged him as he buried his head into my neck.

“Please don’t.” he cried into my neck “Please”

“I won’t Ash” I said rubbing the hair on the back of his neck. I mean I don’t really have a choice, but I won’t tell him that. I just want him to be happy for the time that I am here.

He let go of me wiping his eyes and standing up. “Michael is coming to get you soon” he smiled slightly with red eyes walking out of my room.

I got out of bed and threw on a black shirt and jeans. I looked in the mirror and tried to make myself more presentable. I mean there is a huge tube on my face, what can I do? I finally just gave up and walked downstairs.

“You look beautiful” My mum smiled as I got to the bottom step

“Im wearing a tee shirt and jeans mum” I laughed

“Still you look beautiful,  you always do.” she smiled rubbing my shoulders.

“Thanks mum.” I smiled looking at her.

“Honey! There is a Michael here for Aspen” my dad yelled from the foyer.

Oh God.

“Ill goes get it” I said quickly walking to see Michael fully in my house having a conversation with my father. Great.

“Yeah yeah I actually saw them in concert” my dad laughed as I walked in there.

“Hello Aspen, you look beautiful today.” Michael smiled. God that smile made me weak to the knees. Weaker than i already was.

“Why does everyone keep saying that?” I laughed running my hands through my hair.

“Oh hi are you Michael? Im Aspens mum, you can call me Joe” My mum smiled walking behind me.

“It’s nice to meet you Joe” Michael said shaking her hand

“So Michael where are you taking her today?” My father asked