Chapter 1

Hello! It's been ages since I've written a story, but I've finally been inspired to do so. I hope you enjoy. Rumiko Takahashi is the sole creator of Inuyasha and owns all of its copyright.

"Can I go now?"

Kagome huffed. She had been married to Inuyasha for five years now, and she had long since destroyed the subjugation necklace she'd put on him when they first met. But there were times, like today, where she regretted such a decision. Sure, it was one made out of love for her husband, (and the fact that she didn't want him to feel confined in marriage or forced to do anything against his will) but sometimes Inuyasha could be so frustrating that having that necklace back would've been a godsend.

She stood before her home: a small, rustic hut, comfortable enough for the two of them, but big enough to at least house one other person. Her hair was loose, streaming down her back, like silk, in waves of black. A few errant strands teased at her nose, and she brushed them back. Then she placed her hands at her waist, balling them into a fist, and tapped her bared feet against the floor.

Her brown eyes cackled with annoyance as she stared at her husband and she huffed again.

He was standing beside a tree, waiting for her to give a reply to the question he had asked. His arms were crossed over his chest, tightening his white shirt against his body. Time had done nothing to his form, yet his eyes told anyone who took the time to notice them, he had experienced much in his life and was wiser for it.

"Inuyasha, not today," she said with clenched teeth.

He glared down at her with eyes of amber. "Why not?"

Waving her hand, she gave an offhanded reply: "Because."

Rolling his eyes heavenward, he took the basket of fish he had on the grass, and hoisted it above his shoulder. "That ain't a good excuse, Kagome."

It wasn't. Of course it wasn't. And if he were in any other mood, she was sure he would've commented about the fact that she was acting like an annoying stereotypical woman. But he didn't, thankfully, so that argument was stemmed.

The problem was she just didn't know what to say.

Struggling for composure and failing miserably, she narrowed her eyes even further to tiny slits. "I need you to stay home today."

He sighed heavily and groaned. "But why?"

"Because..." She thought of anything. "Because I need you."

At that comment, he arched a brow and quickly put down the basket. Intrigue permeated his tongue as he said, "For what reason, may I ask?"

She fought for words. For anything. But nothing came out. Not even the truth. No, she couldn't tell him the truth. At least not for today. She still wasn't sure if what she believed to be true was actually true. She wanted to be certain before she told him, and if he left when she found out, she didn't know how long he'd be gone before she'd be able to tell him. And honestly if what she believed to be true was true she wanted him to be the first to know- immediately, because he had to know.

She played with her fingers, nervously. "Can't you just stay? For a little while longer, at least?" she finally said with a twinge of entreaty in her voice.