Chapter 2

Vally's POV

Today, I woke up to Lightning wanting to get out of the hut urgently. I got up and got dressed. I went downstairs and outside to get on Lightning. I had my stuff I needed for the day and flew down to the clubhouse. Lightning didn't want to go down to it and we landed at the arena. I was very confused and someone tapped my shoulder. I turned to them and it was my dad. I made Lightning take off and land at the clubhouse. I asked Hiccup why my dad was here and he explained why. I groaned and put my head down on the table in misery. I heard my dad walk up behind me and he said "Vally, I'm so sorry for treating you like that and I want to make it up to you. Please just tell me how I can, you can't always avoid me forever. I love you." I picked my head up and stood up. "Why don't you just leave me alone and never come back into my life again," I said not looking at him.

I walked out of the clubhouse and left him standing there in complete silence. He didn't leave the island and tried to make it up to me but I didn't really care what he thought. I never listened to him and he probably was sad about me just hating him. His heart probably broken into a million pieces and he wasn't ever happy. He stopped talking to anyone and stopped trying to make it up to me.

"Vally, you need him sooner or later because in the future when he is dead, you're going to regret not talking to him sooner or later. Just at least do it for him and me, he still loves you and regrets whatever he did to you," Hiccup told me. I felt bad for my dad and went to go talk to him. I found him sitting at the edge of a cliff with his feet dangling over the edge of the cliff and I went over to him. I sat down next to him and hugged him. "I love you dad," I said. "You're just doing this for Hiccup because he asked you too," he said. I started crying and said "I just want you back and I really do miss you." He pushed me away and stood up. "You said you didn't want me back in your life and you just completely ignored my help," he said.

"And I feel bad for doing that to you. Please I can't live without you," I said about to cry even more. He scoffed and walked away. He stopped walking and said "You're no longer my daughter and I hate you." He continued walking away and I just sat there. I looked back at the stars in front of me and said "I can't believe it, he hates me. So this how it feels to be all alone isn't it." I cupped my hands in my face and sobbed. I felt my heart break into a million pieces and didn't even want to go anywhere. "There you are-wait. Are you okay?" Hiccup asked from behind after landing Toothless. "He said I ain't his daughter anymore and he hates me," I said choking on my tears. Hiccup sat down next to me and hugged me. "You will always have me, the dragon riders, and all the allis we make now and in the future," he said.

I hugged him and we went back to the Edge. I went to my hut and shut the door behind me. I went to bed but slept on the floor and was broken. My dragon curled up to me and I hugged her. I felt my world crumbling down before me and I fell asleep crying.

It was a cold night and the volcano erupted. I went to go stop the lava from reaching the Edge and so did the riders. I got the volcano to stop erupting and saved the day. My dragon went crazy and knocked me off the saddle. I fell onto a rock in the volcano and went unconscious. The smell of something burning woke me up and I saw my map was on fire. I stood up and Fishlegs saved me. My map didn't survive the experience though and then Meatlug dropped me mid-fly. The dragon riders didn't save me and I fell in a tree. Then everything went black. I woke up breathing heavily and saw that I was on a ship. I saw my dad walk in front of the cell door and said "I hope you like your new home, you're going to be here a while."

I woke up to be my hut still on the floor and I sat up. Someone came in and I looked at them. It was Hiccup. I groaned and said "Come back when my so called dad wants me back." "That's the thing, he doesn't ever want you back and is never going to come back in your life again, well not as a father but as an," he paused. "Enemy," I finished. I put my face in my hands and cried. Hiccup came up to me and sat down next to me.