we're the beginning of the end

After quickly getting names and details for the tour hotels and all that, it was time to go out for pizza to celebrate. Patrick went in Andy's car, still not exactly on ideal terms with Pete after the whole 'naming everything he can't remember and making him look bad' ordeal. Patrick didn't remember everything, but he did remember that Pete had never done anything like that before. He always was by Patrick's side, not pointing him out and making fun of his flaws. Andy hadn't done anything like that. Andy gave him a bear and let him come in his car on the way to go get pizza.

"We just gotta pick Brendon up on the way, alright?"

"Y-Yeah, that's okay..." He mumbled, pulling the bear on his lap a little bit closer. "It's okay."

"Okay." Andy laughed a little, trying to make this car ride a little lighter in mood. "Are you excited for pizza?"

"Uh..." What pizza?

"It's all you can eat tonight." He grinned. "So we can totally go nuts and stuff."

"Okay..." Patrick mumbled uncomfortably.

Andy sensed his hesitation to converse, and turned the radio on to mask the silence until they got to Brendon's house. Brendon jumped in and Andy greeted him with a smile and a high-five. "B-den! How's it going?"

"Pretty great. I got the call from Joe. We're touring!" He cheered.

"You were right. The bear worked a treat." Andy laughed, patting Patrick's shoulder in a less-than-kind way. Patrick began to feel very uncomfortable and wished he'd just gone with Pete. Pete had apologised already, but this environment felt quite derogatory and he really wished he wasn't here right now.

"I knew it would." Brendon grinned. "Did you like my choice, Patrick? I thought the blue bow was really something that would appeal to you."

Patrick didn't respond. He kept his head down. It was true, he did like the blue bow, but the way that Brendon was saying it was the same way that his siblings used to tease him about his interests when he was a child. He remember any exact events, but he did remember the feelings he got from being bullied, and he really felt like all those feelings were coming back right now.

By the time that they got to the pizza restaurant, Patrick was the first out of the car and tried to find his way to Pete. Sure enough, Pete was inside, already sitting at the table and looking unamused. Patrick just hurried over as fast as his crutches would carry him and wrapped his best friend in a hug. "I m-missed you."

Pete was taken by surprise. He thought Patrick was mad at him, after all, that's why he hadn't come with him on the drive to the pizza restaurant. But he didn't dare bring that up, and hugged Patrick back. "I missed you too, 'Trick. Was the drive here okay?"

"I s-should've come with you." Patrick mumbled into Pete's shoulder.

"Did something happen?" Pete asked, clenching his fist.

"U-Uh, um..." Patrick bit his lip nervously, which was fast becoming a bit of a sign to Pete about when Patrick was having a mind blank.

"Okay... that's alright. Sit here next to me and I'll talk to Andy about it later. Hey, where'd you get the bear from?"

"Andy gave it to me." He mumbled, sitting down and setting it on his lap.

"That was nice of him." Pete smiled.

"U-Um... yeah..." Patrick just held his head down, and tried to remember why he disagreed with that statement.

The rest of the band plus Brendon soon arrived at the table, and they started with the all-you-can-eat pizza buffet. Pete ate way more than he should have (the man loved pizza, and this restaurant was pretty much his dream), but Patrick hardly picked at his slices. He didn't want to be here. Not only could he hardly keep up with the conversation that the other four men were having, he still felt that stupid feeling that he got in the car.