Taehyung ♡ Alice in Wonderland AU

Published: October 19, 2018
Rewritten: January 3, 2024

Word count: 2,432

DO NOT read or interact if you're under 14

♤ ♡ ♧ ♢

Your journey led you to a small, broken gate that had an old sign hanging from it reading: Tea party this way! Both you and Yoongi came to a stop as you read the sign.
Yoongi kicked the gate open abruptly and walked through, all the while keeping an indifferent expression. Making your way down a small, sloping hill you were able to get a look at your new surroundings. The area looked abandoned, a rotting windmill being the only thing left standing.
There was a small, dirt path that you followed Yoongi down. From that point, you could see a huge table sitting out in the middle of nowhere, the windmill standing just beyond the setup. Tea cups, broken glass, and an assortment of small desserts littered the tabletop. Mismatched chairs were set around it, every single one unoccupied.

Seated at the head of the table was a man dressed in a fancy, vivid purple robe made of silk. Underneath was an equally as vibrant hot pink shirt which was unbuttoned to show off the many gold necklaces adorning his neck. Sitting atop his head was a crazy-looking top hat that was wider at the crown and slanted ever so slightly. Wrapped around the band of the hat was a silky ribbon of the same hot pink as his shirt, a slip of paper tucked into it with the number 10/6 on it. He was laughing joyously, clinking his teacup with what appeared to be a dormouse in a red coat.
This must be the Hatter. You mused.
He was handsome. So handsome, in fact, that he didn't seem real. Though everyone you had met so far was like that.

Yoongi cleared his throat to announce your presence, the man looking up from his spot at the table, his eyes widening in recognition.

"Y/n." He whispered to himself. He jumped up from his seat and hurried straight across the table, knocking everything over as he did so.
"Y/n! It's you!" He exclaimed cheerfully.
Leaping off the table, he eagerly approached, grabbing the sides of your face and planting a firm kiss to your lips, pulling away with a loud smooch sound.
His bizarre and very abrupt display of affection caught you off guard. The Hatter grinned widely, not phased at all by what he had just done. It seemed as if he wasn't even aware that his actions were anything but normal.
Your eyes were blown wide in shock. Being kissed right on the mouth was not what you expected when you envisioned your meeting with the Hatter.
"It is you, isn't it?" He asked squishing your cheeks between his lace glove-clad hands.
"Yes." You had said, but it came out as "Yesh."
"I knew it!" He grinned showing off a unique boxy smile before wrapping his arms around you in a tight hug.
Just as you were about to ask him to loosen his grip (because he was squeezing the life out of you), he let go and moved to hug Yoongi.

"Oh, Yoongi!" He gushed enthusiastically. "Thank you so much for bringing her to me! Though I sent Jungkook to bring her so I must say I'm a little surprised." He murmured. "Oh well. Y/n is back and that's all that matters!"
"She doesn't remember." Yoongi spoke flatly, breaking the news right away.
The crazy man's cheerful attitude disappeared immediately, his face going somber.
"She doesn't?" He asked, his chipper tone now disheartened.
Yoongi shook his head.
"You don't remember who I am?" The man turned to you, his brown irises searching your face desperately.
"Jungkook said people call you Hatter, but that's all I know."
He frowned when you said that. You didn't know his name.
"I'm sorry." You apologized. "I wish I could remember."
Hatter's bottom lip jutted out in disappointment. "Well, never mind that. There's no time to be sad, we have a tea party to attend!" His cheerful attitude was back in the blink of an eye. "Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Taehyung." He took a bow, removing his hat.
You took notice of his uniquely-colored hair which sported a pale pink color that resembled cotton candy.
"Nice to meet you... again."
"Turn that frown upside down, dear Y/n! Your memories are sure to return at some point. In the meantime, why don't you rest your weary bones? I'm sure you're tired from your journey. Have a seat." He took hold of your hand and pulled you towards the table, guiding you to the chair situated to the left of his.