★ | 003. escape the babysitter

Book: Scream And Shout, Jurassic World
Chapter 3: Escape The Babysitter
Word Count: 1578

Eli smiled and awed a little bit (okay, it was a bit more then little) at all the baby dinosaurs

Eli smiled and awed a little bit (okay, it was a bit more then little) at all the baby dinosaurs. They were at the gentle giants petting zoo. All little kids were running around and riding the harmless dinosaurs. The inner child in Eli screamed at him to get on one but unfortunately he was to big for it.

"Lift me up." Gray whined, reaching up on his tippy toes to try and get a good look at them. "I can't see!"

Eli looked towards Zach, expecting him to help his brother but instead, Zach just responded with his usual glare, "I'm not Dad. And you're not five."

"I'll help you up." Eli offered, making Gray smile excitedly and rushed towards him. Eli leaned down and Gray jumped onto his back, Eli lifting him up easily into a piggy back ride.

"Wow. I wouldn't expect you to be so strong." Zach commented, smirking.

"And whys that?" Eli questioned, moving forward between the crowd so Gray could get a better look.

"You don't look like you have the muscles." Zach once again, didn't think before he spoke and his eyes slightly widened, he hadn't meant to sound mean. "Uh, I just meant, um—"

"I'll have you know that I only look scrawny because of my clothes when actually underneath, I have a six pack." Eli snapped. Normally, he wouldn't get so defensive if someone called him that. He got it all the time and it's not like there was anything wrong with being scrawny. It was only because Zach said it and the boy really got on Eli's nerves.

Zach smirked again, his eyes trailing down to Eli's stomach as if he could see through his clothes. "Really? Well, I'm not sure I believe you. You might have to show me. Just as proof, of course."

Was Zach really flirting with him? His cheeks flushed and he quickly looked away, not liking that Zach had that affect on him but could you really blame him? Zach was definitely hot. To bad he had a shit personality. If he hadn't, Eli would probably be on his knees for him already.

"I can still ride the Triceratops. I'm 47-and-a-half inches." Gray said, breaking the awkwardness that was surrounding Eli.

Zach huffed, angry at Gray for ruining the moment between him and Eli. At least, he thought it was a moment. "This place is for little kids."

"Yeah, I know." Gray sighed as Eli put him back down on the ground, "wanna go on the spinning dinosaur eggs?"

Just as Eli was about to say yes, Zach cut him off, "nope. Cover up your dork pouch."

"Would you stop being such a--"

And once again, Eli was cut off by Zach, "scatter."

Eli looked at him confused, "what?"