★ | 007. pterodactyl madness

Book: Scream And Shout, Jurassic World
Chapter 7: Pterodactyl Madness
Word Count: 1077

The jeep sped down the dirt road, Eli holding onto the side of the car tightly, praying that Zach didn't crash or lose control

The jeep sped down the dirt road, Eli holding onto the side of the car tightly, praying that Zach didn't crash or lose control. They'd just survived a dinosaur, a little driving wouldn't kill them... hopefully.

They came up to a closed gate and Eli gulped, sinking down in his seat as Zach sped up instead of slowing down. "Okay, here we go!"

The car busted through the gate with ease, a loud crashing noise filling his ears as the gate swung open, hitting the side of the fence harshly.

"Okay, that's it." Zach said, a smile of relief overcoming his face. "We're safe now."

Eli let himself fill with hope but that came crashing down when he looked in the rear view mirror, seeing a flock of pterodactyls flying over them. "Go, go!"

"Go!" Gray screamed.

"Shit!" Zach mumbled fearfully before pressing his foot harder onto the gas pedal, making the car that extra faster.

"Hurry up!" Gray continued, looking behind him every couple seconds.

The trios car flew out of the forest and started to approach a bigger, none breakable gate that had two guards standing on top of it. "Hey! Help! Open the gate! Let us in! Open it up!"

But it seemed the guards were just staring at them in confusion, not making any attempt to open the gate. Eli growled, standing up in the seat, waving his arms around frantically, "come on! Come on!"

They pulled the car to a stop as the guards looked up, spotting sight of the pterodactyls. The gate was soon opening and Zach once again shot the car forward, eager to get away from the flying man eaters.

They had no time to think before the guards stopped them, telling them they had to wait for Zara. Eli was bouncing up and down on his feet in fear, thinking any second they were about to get eaten.

"Hey, we're gonna be okay." Zach said, trying to keep the fear out of his voice and held onto Eli's hand tightly. "We've made it this far, haven't we?"

"But what if--"

"No. No what ifs." Zach cut him off, turning to stand in front of him and placing his hands on his cheeks, pulling him close until their foreheads rested against each others. "We will be fine. I'm not going to let anything happen to you... not before I get to ask you to be my boyfriend anyway." He laughed.

Eli blushed, shaking his head and trying to hold back a smile, "you really do have the worst timing."

"I've been told."

Zara arrived less than five minutes later and Eli, Zach and Gray jumped into the car, heading back towards the main area of the park.

Eli didn't know what he was expecting, but it especially wasn't to see people running around, ear piercing screams filling his ears as the pterodactyls flew around.

"We have to get back to the centre." Zara said, jumping out of the car and hurrying them. They ran through the crowd of screaming people, the trio never letting go of each others hands.

"Stop running!" Zara screamed, her high heels giving her a serious disadvantage. They stopped for a second, Zach wrapping his arms around the other two to try and shield them. Every which way you turned there was a pterodactyl. How were they going to get out of this?

Zara looked at them like they were crazy for stopping, "don't just stand there!" She was suddenly picked up by a pterodactyl.

Eli gasped, jumping back as he watched the woman he knew for a short time get flown to her away. They ran after her, only being stopped when they came to the mosasaurus pen.

She was dropped in the water before the pterodactyl flew in after her, picking her back up and soaring upwards. The mosasaurus who Eli considered one of his favourites jumped out of the water, it's large mouth clamping onto Zara and the pterodactyl, killing them both.

Eli stood there in shock, not believing what he had just witness but this was no time to be in shock.

"Go! Get inside now!" Zach yelled, pushing Eli and Gray along. Some of the pterodactyls were starting to get shot down and Eli's ears started to ring.

"Zach! Gray! Eli!" A familiar voice was heard through the noise. Eli looked to where it was coming from, spotting Claire standing on top of a table, looking around frantically.

"Aunt Claire!" Gray yelled.

Zach turned his head, seeing one of the shot pterodactyls falling straight towards them, "go, go!" They dived down, crawling until their backs were pressed against one of the shops walls.

"Oh my god." Eli whimpered out, feeling Zach's arm press against his chest, pushing him further back as thepterodactyl skidded towards him, only stopping when its beak was inches away from his face. "I think I'm gonna be sick."

"No time for vomit!" Zach said, standing up and the three made their way quickly towards Claire, just in time to see her hit and shoot a pterodactyl off of a man. "Is that Aunt Claire?"

Claire pulled the man up, not having seen the three and seconds later her and the man were kissing passionately.

Eli furrowed his eyebrows, wondering how they thought this was a good idea when there were pterodactyls flying around trying to eat them.

When they pulled apart, she finally saw them, "it's them! Zach! Gray! Eli!" She took off running and when she reached them, pulled them close, checking them over quickly for injuries. "My God! Thank God! Thank God! What happened? What is this? Are you okay? Where did you go? Why didn't you come back? I was so worried about you."

"Who's that?" Zach interrupted as the attractive man walked over to them, gun in hand.

Claire looked back and stuttered awkwardly, "we work together." Eli snickered, bringing his hand up to cover his mouth. If he had a co worker that looked like that, he would probably kiss him to.

"Hey." Attractive man said. "We gotta go. Okay."

Claire nodded, wrapping her arms around the three, "come on, come on."

★ ★ ★

Authors Note: See below!

Consider supporting me on Patreon and/or following me on YouTube 💕 Links in my bio

Not edited because to lazy atm. Sorry if there is a lot of mistakes. Hope you enjoyed.