the set up

jj and josh plan to set simon and harry up on a date

"uh... so harry what are you doing tomorrow?" jj asked, smirking at the younger boy as he walked into his kitchen.

"nothing, why?" he asked back, he could tell jj was up to something by the way he was looking at him.

"nothing at like, 7pm?" jj pressed even more, harry shook his head and sighed sitting down on the stool by the island.

jj's smile grew, and then as if right on cue simon walked into the kitchen. he sat on the stool opposite harry and shot him a smile.

"yo simon, what are you doing tomorrow at 7?" jj asked, ignoring harry's confused looks. simon thought for a minute before he answered.

"probably just editing or something, why?" simon replied, looking between harry and jj, trying to understand what was going on.

"okay so i'm not free, but you two are. so i've kind of booked you both a reservation in a really nice restaurant, enjoy your date." jj rushed out before jumping up and heading upstairs to his room.

"date?" the two boys said in unison, sounding confused and shocked. they both looked at each other in horror.

"what do we do? do we like... go?" harry asked, slicing through the awkward silence.

"i mean i guess so... it's not weird for friends to go out to dinner right?" simon responded, although he sounded unsure. he didn't understand why jj called it a date.

yes him and harry were extremely close, but they were just really close friends. nothing more.

meanwhile josh walked into jj's room and felt a surge of happiness rush through him as he noticed jj's smile.

"did the plan work?" josh asked, eager to hear the results. him and jj had recently noticed how harry and simon had been getting super close and thought that it was quite cute.

"yeah, i think. i told them they were going on a date and left." jj told him, josh nodded, his smile spreading across his face.

"let's hope it goes well." josh beamed. him and jj had come up with the plan after they realised that simon and harry were too blind to notice how they truly felt about eachother.

and it was true, the two boys simply thought that they were really close friends. they spent a lot of time together, watching films and cuddling. it was quite obvious to everyone else that they liked each other.

even some of the fans were starting to get suspicious, seeing the way the interacted in the background of vlogs. josh and jj were determined for them to see how they really felt about eachother.

harry had left shortly after the news of the 'date' as he was both nervous and confused. but being around simon always made him feel nervous, it filled his stomach with butterflies.

that night the two boys thought long and hard to themselves about each other. they were both adamant that they were simply friends, but they couldn't quite understand the nervousness that the other made them feel.

the next day josh insisted that he drove simon and harry to the restaurant, the two boys agreed but on the premise that they could get an uber back afterwards.

simon spent the first portion of the night simply watching harry, it sounded weird but there was an awkward atmosphere and it was making harry flustered. simon found it kind of cute, but then was confused as to why he found his best friend cute.

"tonight's been kind of fun." harry said as the two waited for their desserts. after the starters the awkward atmosphere had lifted and the two boys had thoroughly enjoyed themselves.

"that it has, maybe we should do this again?" simon suggested. the way harry smiled gave him his answer, but the smaller boy nodded anyways.

"do you want to go for a small walk before we get an uber?" simon asked as they headed out of the restaurant.

"yeah, sounds good." harry answered, smiling up at the taller boy. tonight had been so fun, he almost didn't want it to end.

eventually the boys got to a small park, they both sat next to each other on a small bench. harry soon leaning his head against simon's shoulder, simon then wrapping an arm around harry's waist.

"harry?" simon started, scared of what he was about to suggest. the boy let out a hum, waiting for simon to continue.

"what if... what if the guys are... right?" simon whispered, part of him hoping that harry wouldn't hear it and part of him too ashamed to be saying it out loud.

harry didn't answer for a while, he turned to look at simon. he wanted to think about his answer before he said anything. his next words could either bring them closer or tear them apart.

only, harry couldn't speak. the answer that he had just rehearsed in his head multiple times stuck in his throat, almost choking him. simon stared expectingly, waiting for some sort of answer from harry.

so harry did the only thing he could think to do, he leant up and gently placed his lips to simon's. the two boys felt a rush of electricity course through them, simon pulling harry onto his lap and kissing him again.

the two boys stayed on the bench sharing kisses and lustful looks for another twenty minutes before deciding to get an uber back to simon's. josh and jj had been waiting in anticipation to find out if their plan had worked, hoping that the fact the boys had been gone for a long time meant only good things.

when simon and harry arrived back at the house they went straight upstairs, both josh and jj catching a glimpse of simon tugging harry up the stairs by his hand.

"the plan worked then." josh smiled at jj, the two feeling extremely proud.

"i guess it did."